Hide 2

The Doctor went silent for so long that Terry wondered if he was even going to answer.

"I saw the crack," he answered at last, "the crack in reality like the ones that were caused when the Tardis exploded."

His green eyes then turned to Terry as he asked in a soft and, Terry frowned to hear, sad voice: "What did you see in yours?"

"I saw something in one of the rooms... something strange." Terry began slowly, and the Doctor nodded as though he had an idea what she had seen and was waiting to see if she confirmed it.

"I think I saw Bad Wolf..." Terry continued with a small frown. "Except, she looked different."

"Was that everything?" The Doctor asked, and Terry's frown deepened as she looked at the Doctor.

"... No." Terry answered quietly. "I saw you as well. You were standing with your back to me, facing Bad Wolf."

The Doctor nodded as he sighed, before he told her: "I don't think that was Bad Wolf you saw, Terry."

"What do you mean?" Terry asked with a frown, and the Doctor answered quietly: "Spoilers, Terry. But when you get there... you'll understand Canary Wharf."

He kissed her forehead, and Terry stared up at him with a frown as he looked down at her fondly but with a hint of sadness as he murmured: "You're still so young, Terry. My angel."

"I'm thirty-five." Terry protested, and he just answered with that same soft look in his old eyes: "Exactly. You're still my young angel."

"I'm pretty sure that's what you called me when I was still twenty and in my old body." Terry sighed. "Don't tell me you keep saying that to me, just cause you also keep getting older too."

He just smiled at her, kissing her forehead before he returned to business as he said: "Come on, we've got a ghost to catch."

"Are you ever going to answer my questions?" Terry inquired as they set off again, and the Doctor replied with a small smile: "One day, angel, you're going to be the one explaining it all to me."

"Fine." She sighed, letting the subject drop as he clearly wanted it to. "But when I get there, I'm going to be as cryptic about it as you were now, so remember that."

"Oh, don't worry, angel." The Doctor answered with a chuckle. "I waited two hundred years to get my answers – you won't have to wait nearly as long."

Terry just rolled her eyes in response as the Doctor led the way down the corridors, deeper into the house as they searched for the music room one more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They finally made it to a room with a full harp standing in the far corner, and the Doctor brightened as he noted: "Ah, the music room."

He pulled out his sonic, and Terry took the candelabrum from him as he began scanning the floors and the walls as he walked through the room while Terry shivered:" The heart of the house. Do you feel that?"

He addressed Terry abruptly, and Terry nodded as the sonic began to beep and go out. The Doctor smacked the screwdriver, trying to get it to work again while Terry said as she walked over: "The feeling of being watched? Then yes."

"Feels like a funny tickly feeling on the back of your neck, doesn't it?" The Doctor mused as he got the sonic to work again.

He read whatever his sonic had come up with, and then tapped his way around the room while Terry glanced back as she heard the wood on the floor creaking from behind her.