Army of Ghosts

"Oh..."

"I don't like the sound of that 'oh'." Rose commented, and Terry shook her head.

"Nor should you." The Time Lady sighed, before squeaking as the Tardis shook abruptly.

"What's going on?" Rose asked in alarm as she waved her arms to catch her balance.

"We're being lifted up." Terry realized as she hurried over to check the monitor on the console, examining it with the blonde companion at her side.

"But where're we going?" Rose wondered, and Terry glanced at her.

"You know, Rose Tyler, this is why I like you." She noted, and Rose raised a brow. "You're clever, and ask the right questions."

Rose snorted, while Terry hurried off to the Tardis doors as they felt the Tardis shake again when it landed with a bump.

"We're on a truck." Rose called as she kept her eyes on the monitor, and Terry nodded.

"I know." She answered. "Now, come here."

"Why?" Rose asked, even as she came hurrying over.

"Because I like the company." Terry joked, making Rose snort again with amusement. "But seriously; we're about to drive passed the Doctor."

"And?" Rose asked, and Terry grinned.

"And," Terry explained, "he'll have a message for you."

Rose examined the Time Lady for a moment before she said bluntly: "You want to surprise him, don't you?"

"Maybe." Terry admitted, making Rose laugh again. "But he really does have a message for you."

"All right, all right." Rose chuckled. "When do we look?"

"Now."

Terry cracked the door open slightly as she spoke, gesturing for Rose to peer out.

The companion peeked outside, instantly locking eyes with the Doctor as he stood off to the other side of what appeared to be a warehouse. He nodded briefly at her, patting his suit pocket as though absently, but with a meaningful look in her direction.

Rose nodded, before grinning as she moved aside and Terry peeked out as well.

She grinned as the Doctor blinked in shock, his eyes going wide before they filled with amusement as she stuck her tongue out at him. He shook his head briefly, before quickly turning away and pretending to be engrossed in whatever Yvonne of Torchwood had to explain to him about their secret organization.

With a satisfied smile, Terry shut the Tardis door and turned around to see Rose already rummaging in the Doctor's coat pocket, digging around for the psychic paper.

"See? You're clever." Terry smiled as she walked over, and Rose just shook her head.

"And you're a tease." She returned. "You could have told me about the psychic paper but you wanted to tease the Doctor."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Terry answered, lifting her nose as though pompously, and Rose laughed at her friend.

Terry joined in briefly, before grinning as Rose finally pulled out the psychic paper triumphantly.

"Got it." She grinned, and Terry grinned back.

"Well, Rose Tyler," Terry chuckled, "it looks like we're going to have to sneak out of here."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the Tardis was set down, and they knew they were in the clear, the two young women snuck out of the doors carefully. Rose glanced around the warehouse they'd been deposited in, quickly ducking back when she spotted the two guards sitting chatting around the corner.