Let's Kill Hitler

Terry stayed with Ten and Rose for another week, before she disappeared with a wistful wave that they returned.

However, if she were honest, a part of her was glad to leave when she did. Though she had enjoyed her time with them – as she always did, especially since it was so rare for her to see Rose – by the end of it, Terry had started wishing she could see a later Doctor.

And it wasn't just so she could kiss him without it being awkward; Terry found the memories she'd remembered rather troubling. Who was the old man, and why were there Daleks in what she suspected were her earliest memories?

But knowing that Rose's Doctor probably had even less of a clue than she did, Terry determined to wait until she ran into a later version of the Doctor. So when she landed in Eleven's Tardis, Terry perked up hopefully.

Of course, life was never that easy, though.

The second that Terry reappeared, her eyes widened in horrified dismay.

"Doctor!" Terry cried, rushing forwards to where the Doctor was dragging himself along the Tardis floor. Her heart gave a dull thud, which she ignored as she ran to check on the Doctor.

"Angel." He groaned, and Terry demanded as she knelt beside him: "What happened?"

"River." He got out, and Terry's face lost all colour as she realized when this was. "I'm shutting down. Gah!"

The Doctor clutched his chest, his hands fisting over his shirt where his hearts were while his breathing became labored.

Terry quickly grabbed his arm, hauling it over her shoulder to help brace him as she reassured albeit in a worried tone: "It's all right, Theta, it's going to be all right."

"Argh!" The Doctor moaned as his legs gave out and refused to move, and Terry's heart thudded again.

"Theta!" Terry gasped, struggling to keep him upright with her as his much larger frame slumped against her.

"Oh, oh, oh." He groaned, sagging towards the ground and Terry was forced to let him down, leaning him back against the console while she knelt anxiously before him.

"Theta, you have to stay awake." Terry urged, holding his face between her hands as the Doctor's eyes drooped from the effects of the poison that River – or rather, Mels - had transferred to the Doctor's lips.

"Angel." He gasped, struggling to breathe. "What... what did River do to me?"

"She had the poison of the Judas tree inside her lipstick." Terry explained, biting her lip worriedly as she stared down at the Doctor's deathly pale face while he tried to keep his eyes on her. "When she kissed you, the poison got absorbed through the skin of your lips into your system."

"Argh." The Doctor winced as his hands clutched his chest. "I should have realized she was planning something like this when she kissed me."

"It wasn't your fault – you've learned to trust her, after all." Terry sighed slightly, before focusing back on the situation as the Doctor grit his teeth and fought another groan.

"Sexy," Terry said aloud, "we need a voice interface."

An image of the Doctor appeared before them, the hologram's voice monotonous as he said: "Voice interface enabled."

"Oh no, no, no, no, no." The Doctor groaned as he caught sight of the hologram. "Not me."

"Shut up, it'll do." Terry tried to interject, but the Doctor moaned, shaking his head slightly as he basically begged: "I'm dying – at least give me someone I like."