The Lazarus Experiment 2

The pair ran down the corridors, when the Doctor skid to a stop in front of one of the labs lining the sides.

"Angel, quickly!" He called telepathically, and Terry ran inside. The Doctor followed, shutting the door behind them as Terry ran ahead to a light fitting, attached to one of the pillars in the room.

"It's dangerous." He argued, and she pointed out as she dragged a bench over: "Too late for that."

He heaved a sigh as she hopped up and reached to unscrew the bulb, before she paused and he looked up.

"Let me." The Doctor said, a small chuckle escaping him, and Terry huffed angrily as she hopped down from the bench: "Bloody regeneration!"

"I think it's cute." The Doctor laughed as he stood up instead and started to unscrew the lightbulb.

"I don't." Terry grouched. "If I was just two inches taller I could reach the top."

"Well, unfortunately, you missed the two inches." The Doctor noted as he pulled out the wires gently so that the bulb hung delicately. "And don't think you're getting away with what happened earlier – I thought we agreed, multiple times, that you'd at least try not to do dangerous things?"

"Well, what was I supposed to do? Let her die?" Terry retorted as she instead ran about the room, pulling out tubes off the gas fittings and opening them, letting the gas hiss as it was released into the room.

"No, but you could have told me instead of placing yourself in danger." The Doctor countered as he hurried after her, doing the same on the last few gas fittings as he and Terry made it to the other end of the room.

"You are the last person to lecture about danger." She pointed out dryly. "Trouble, remember?"

The Doctor was just about to retort, when Lazarus hissed from outside: "More hide and seek, Doctor? How disappointing."

The Doctor pulled Terry down to hide behind the lab desks, reaching up to turn on as many gas pipes as he could while he led them silently through the lab towards the back door.

Terry was struggling to keep up in her heels as Lazarus hissed, sneaking into the lab: "Why don't you come out and face me?"

Terry gripped the Doctor's hand tightly as he answered: "Have you looked in the mirror lately?"

He stood up as they reached the end of the lab at last, helping Terry up, and the pair stood facing the mutant. "Why would I want to face that, hmm?"

Lazarus snarled, but Terry and the Doctor spun and ran for the back door. The mutant chased after them immediately, but the Doctor hit the lights as he pushed Terry through the door, barely making it out the door himself before the whole lab exploded.

The pair ducked, huddling in as they waited for the explosion to finish, before the Doctor stood back up.

"Come on!" He urged, and Terry grabbed his hand as they ran again, dashing down the corridors.

"Do you think it worked?" The Doctor asked worriedly, and Terry replied: "Nope!"

The Doctor sighed as they ran around a corner, before he yelped and Terry shrieked and Martha yelled as the three rammed into each other. Martha fell back from the impact while Terry reeled back, the Doctor catching her quickly to steady her so that she didn't end up on the floor with Martha.

"Martha!" The Doctor said incredulously. "What are you doing here? "

"Crashing your date." Martha joked as the Doctor quickly helped Martha up. "I'm returning this."