Dalek

Terry reappeared in a long corridor, and she frowned as she looked around.

She wasn't sure where she was – it could be anywhere. A factory, a warehouse facility, a bunker of some kind...

She looked up, startled as the bulkheads behind her started to drop down, alarms blaring to warn people to move away as it began to lock down. And Terry's eyes widened as she saw the clear 46 marking beside the door – level 46.

Terry whipped back around as she heard the sound of running footsteps, and she saw Adam dashing for the doors.

He barely even registered her standing there as he yelled behind him at Rose as she turned the corner into the corridor: "Come on!"

"Rose!" Terry shouted, before looking back at the bulkhead as it closed more than halfway down – the blonde wasn't going to make it. Not that it wasn't like Terry had known that.

"What are you doing? Get through there!" Adam yelled at her as he sprinted up, rolling under the doors and to safety.

"Not with Rose!" Terry snapped as she stayed where she was.

"Are you crazy?!" Adam shouted as the doors slid even further shut, almost sealing them off, and Terry answered flatly: "Yes."

And the doors slammed shut as Rose came screeching to a halt right before it.

"Why didn't you run?" Rose gasped at Terry as she leant against the door in despair.

"I'd never leave you alone, Rose." Terry answered, and the blonde girl frowned at her.

"Who are you?" Rose asked curiously, and Terry turned to the blonde in surprise.

"Rose, I'm Terry."

Rose stared at her, her jaw dropping as she asked: "What?"

"I'll explain later, just trust me, it's me." Terry answered as the Doctor's frantic voice called over Rose's still open cellphone: "Rose! Rose, where are you? Rose, did you make it?"

Rose appeared to break from her shock, and she answered shakily: "Sorry, I was a bit slow. And um..."

She glanced at Terry before she added quietly: "Doctor, Terry's here now too. She stayed back with me."

"What?" Nine gasped, but at that moment the Dalek rounded the corner.

"See you, then, Doctor." Rose sniffled, fighting back tears. "It wasn't your fault. Remember that, okay? It wasn't your fault. And do you know what? I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

She turned as Terry faced the Dalek, before handing her phone over.

"In case you wanted to say something." She said shakily, and Terry took the phone.

"Doctor," she called and he frowned as he thought her voice sounded different, "I promise you – Rose will be safe."

And with that, she hung up on him, as the Dalek cried: "Exterminate!"

"Rose!" Terry called sharply, pulling the blonde so that they were exactly aligned when the Dalek fired... and missed.

Rose blinked, before slowly looking at the Dalek as Terry carefully placed herself behind the blonde, much to Rose's confusion. Was this really Terry?

"What-?" Rose began, but Terry answered softly: "It can't kill you, Rose."

"What?" Rose asked, bewildered, while the Dalek retorted sharply: "I am armed. I will kill. It is my purpose."

"They're all dead because of you." Rose snapped back at the Dalek, and it corrected: "They are dead because of us."

"And you cannot kill her." Terry pointed out, ducking when the Dalek turned to try look at her. "You can't kill Rose."