The Wedding of River Song 2

Some time ago

Inside the Tardis

"Doctor." Dorium implored while the Doctor busied himself around the Tardis console. "Please. Open my hatch."

The Doctor fisted his hands irritably while Dorium complained: "I've got an awful headache."

The Doctor glared at the box sitting on his captain's chair and shook his fists at it before trying to turn away when Dorium added: "Which to be honest means more than it used to."

Finally unable to ignore Dorium any longer, the Doctor came over and slid open Dorium's box, revealing the upside-down blue head inside where the Doctor had accidentally left Dorium tipped bottom-side up.

The Doctor tilted his head to stare at the head inside while Dorium - who had his eyes closed tiredly and so hadn't noticed the hatch was open yet - went on: "It's like some terrible weight pressing down on my-"

The blue alien opened his eyes and finally saw the Doctor. And realized the reason for his headache.

"Oh." Dorium deadpanned. "I see."

"Why Lake Silencio?" The Doctor demanded, straightening up and glaring at Dorium; though his anger wasn't really aimed toward the blue alien at all. "Why... Utah?"

"It's a still point in time." Dorium explained patiently. "Makes it easier to create a fixed point. And your death is a fixed point, Doctor. You can't run away from this."

"Been running all my life." The Doctor scoffed. "Why should I stop?"

"Because now you know what's at stake." Dorium replied seriously. "Why your life must end."

"And you know what's at stake if it does." The Doctor returned, and Dorium sighed.

"Doctor. No-one can live forever." Dorium reminded him, his gaze serious. "Not even an angel. And you cannot awaken the demon."

"Exactly; that's my point." The Doctor answered, turning away. His death... there was no way Daemon would sit around and let that happen. And if he died, then-

"Has it not occurred to you," Dorium interrupted his thoughts, the blue head's voice dark as he gazed intently at the Doctor. "That Daemon would know of your death?"

The Doctor's hand stilled over the Tardis console while Dorium continued: "That by trying to avoid the inevitable you might be on the path of incurring her wrath rather than saving Terry Storm - the way you opened the path for Daemon's awakening on Demon's Run?"

"So what would you have me do, Dorium?" The Doctor demanded, whirling on the blue head angrily and with green eyes blazing. "Go to Lake Silencio and let myself be killed, when doing so will not only end my life but also Terry's? And besides, why would Daemon want me to die?"

Dorium gave the Doctor a deadpan look in response, and the Doctor amended irritably: "She hates me, but she can't let me die. You say I might be setting myself up to be on the receiving end of her wrath if I don't die; but if I die at Silencio and Daemon found out, the universe might burn."

"It will be far worse if she ever reached Trenzalore."

The Doctor stared at Dorium, and he asked slowly: "What?"

"Doctor, if you go to Silencio, you will also have the chance to stop Daemon once and for all." Dorium pointed out.

"You've realized she gets stronger the more time passes for you; but she's not here yet. Now is the time to go to Silencio while you still can. And if you die on that beach, you already know the universe's future is likely safe. You met your companions when they already knew of your death, had most likely witnessed it; and they make it out, perhaps emotionally hurt but alive."