The Wedding of Terry Storm

Daemon reached the top of the pyramid, coming out of the stairway to a flat opening where the tip of the pyramid should be.

River was naturally already there, standing beside the device that was set up right in the middle of the small patio-like space that was set atop the pyramid. The Doctor stood across from the blonde woman, looking distinctly impatient and annoyed.

"Seriously? This is what you had?" The Doctor demanded. "A time-wimey distress beacon."

He looked at Daemon and asked, "Was this your idea, honey?"

Daemon scoffed, and the Doctor continued his monologue, "Didn't think so. So."

He looked back at River.

"All you've got is a distress beacon."

River sighed and shook her head at the fact that her genius was apparently wasted on the Time Lord.

"I've been sending out a message." She explained patiently. "A distress call. Outside the bubble of our time, the universe is still turning, and I've sent a message everywhere. To the future and the past, the beginning and the end of everything. 'The Doctor is dying. Please, please help'."

The Doctor was shaking his head before River even finished speaking.

"River!" He scolded angrily. "River, this is ridiculous. That would mean nothing to anyone. It's insane. Worse, it's stupid. You embarrass me."

River's eyes narrowed at the Doctor's accusation that her idea was silly, but before she could reply Amy and Rory came running up as well.

"We barricaded the door." Amy gasped as she and Rory caught their breaths back. "We've got a few minutes. Just tell him. Just tell him, River."

The Doctor frowned unhappily, but River pressed desperately, "Those reports of the sunspots and the solar flares. They're wrong. There aren't any. It's not the sun, it's you. The sky is full of a million, million voices saying 'yes, of course we'll help'."

She looked at him imploringly.

"You've touched many lives, saved many people, and despite everything else even I agree you are a good man. Did you think when your time came, no-one would listen? That none of the people who you and Terry touched would answer if you just asked? You've decided that the universe is better off without you, but the universe doesn't agree."

"River," the Doctor spoke with the patience of an impatient adult trying to make a child see reason. "No one can help me. A fixed point has been altered. Time is disintegrating, and the only thing holding it together is Daemon but she can't hold it indefinitely."

"She won't have to if you'll let us save you!" River shot back.

"River," the Doctor said urgently. "You and I, we are ground zero of an explosion that will engulf all reality. Billions on billions will suffer and die."

"And I'll be the one if I have to kill you." River countered. "If I am the one who kills Terry, I will be the one left alone to suffer."

"More than every living thing in the universe?" The Doctor challenged, but River replied without missing a beat, "Yes."

"Why do you have to be like this?" The Doctor groaned. "Melody Pond, your daughter.'

He waved at Amy and Rory disparagingly.

"I hope you're both proud."

"I'm not sure I completely understand." Rory said slowly, and Amy explained shortly, "We got married and had a kid and that's her."