The Lodger 2

Soon, the four of them were walking down towards the park, the two men now dressed in their football gear while Terry and Sophie tugged their jackets on a little tighter against the chilly English wind.

As they approached a group of more men in blue football shirts, standing in a loose circle one side of the field, Craig asked the Doctor: "What are you actually called? What's your proper name?"

"Just call me 'the Doctor'." The Doctor answered easily, and Sophie agreed: "Yeah."

"I can't go up to these guys and say hey, this is my new flat mate, he's called 'the Doctor'." Craig protested, and the Doctor asked: "Why not?"

"Because it's weird." Craig pointed out, but Terry chimed in casually: "Well, you could call him 'Sexy', but I think you'd get weirder looks for that."

Craig choked while the Doctor started laughing, and Sophie asked Terry in surprise: "Is that what you call him?"

"Of course not." Terry replied with a wide smile. "It's what I call his ride."

And with that, the four arrived beside Craig's pub friends.

"All right, Craig." One of the men, a dark-skinned man standing closest to them, greeted. "Soph. All right, mate. Miss."

He nodded at the Doctor and Terry, and Terry smiled back while the Doctor answered brightly: "Hello, I'm Craig's new flat mate. I'm called the Doctor."

He leant in to give the other man air kisses as well, and Terry chuckled.

"He's not from around here." She explained to the man, who was giving the Doctor strange looks. "Terry Storm, pleasure to meet you."

"You too, Miss Storm." The man answered, shrugging off the Doctor's strange behaviour good-naturedly. "And you as well, Doctor. I'm Sean."

They all nodded at each other, now that the basic introductions were over, and as the other team called to see if they were ready to get the game started Sean asked the Doctor: "So, where are you strongest?"

"Arms." The Doctor answered without hesitation, and Craig interjected hastily: "No, he means what position on the field."

"Not sure." The Doctor answered with a shrug. "The front? The side? Below?"

"Are you any good though?" Sean asked, looking skeptical as he shot Craig looks.

Craig could only shrug helplessly, while the Doctor smiled slightly as he replied lightly: "Let's find out."

He glanced at Terry, who gave him the thumbs up as the team slowly started to get ready to move into positions on the field.

"Good luck." She told him, grinning as she saw his green eyes sparkling with excitement at trying something new.

The Doctor smiled, before catching her hand and pressing a quick kiss on the inside of her wrist. Terry smiled as the Doctor winked at her before hurrying after the others onto the field while Terry moved with Sophie to the sidelines.

"You two must really love each other." The blonde woman noted, glancing at Terry.

"I really do." Terry admitted, watching the Doctor with a small smile.

"He really does, too." Sophie answered, that wistful tone back in her voice. "Anyone with eyes can see that."

Terry glanced at Sophie, but didn't get a chance to reply as they joined the other few women standing on the sides to cheer their friends or boyfriends on. Sophie made a few introductions to Terry, the women all nodding amicably, before the whistle blew and the game started.