18

Hiccup walked me home and we bid goodnight, before I went to feed my dragon. Knowing that he'd had a long day of helping, I gave him a bucket of fish that mostly consisted of salmon; him favourite.

"Here you go, bud." I said and dumped the bucket in front of him. While Spike ate furiously, I took off the saddle and made sure he had everything he needed before going to bed.

* * *

The next day I wake up freezing. I immediately got out of my bed and started shivering. Causing my first action of the day to be putting on my winter cloak and running outside. When I opened my door, my jaw dropped. There was at least two feet of snow covering all of Berk. I'd hate to be the people trying to sail here.

I grabbed my scythe and ran into Spike's cave to check on him. He was awake laying on burning embers.

I set my scythe on the ground and went to get some now frozen fish. "Sorry, bud. You're going to have to warm them up." I said and dumped the fish on the embers. He started melting them, while I went to grab my saddle. As expected it was frozen too so I put it next to the fire.

Spike ate and then gestured to a cooked fish, then back to me. "Thanks a lot bud!" I smiled and ate it while he continued eating his raw fish.

Once I was done I tossed the bones and grabbed my thawed saddle. I put it on Spike, attached my scythe and by the time I had done that he was finished eating. "First stop," I said and jumped in the saddle. "Is to the Thunderdrum's. I want to put them in the hall right away." I finished and nudged Spike who then took off.

"Thor.." I muttered and pulled my cloak tighter around me in the cold winter air. "Flying isn't so great when you're freezing." I said and then herd my dragon roar and felt hot air blow out his neck. "Finally got that under control?" I giggled and Spike roared.

"As I've said many times and I'll say it again, you are amazing big guy." I said and huddled closer to the heat.

We landed in the arena and I slid off then ran to the Thunderdrum's. I opened up the stall and the all came out. "Okay everybody! Let's get you to the great hall! Bam, Bing, Boom, get on Spike. Thornado, Stoick could probably use your help." I said. The adult dragon roared and took off while jumped in the saddle and held on to the babies. Spike slowly took off and flew us to the entrance of the great hall.

We jumped off and I lead the babies to a fire pit to stay warm. "Bud, I expect you're needed again today." I said and pet his head. "I'll bring you lunch later!" With that, I ran over to Stoick to see what I could do.

"Aye 'las, Bucket says we 'ave about five to six hours till it hits. Start wheeling in carts then you should have about an hour to help evacuate everyone." Stoick ordered me then flew off on Thornado.

"Ai ai, Chief!" I said and began helping the villagers push supplies in the hall. I helped some kids and elders with their belonging and that really did take four hours.

I was actually already crunching on time and got Fishlegs to feed Spike while I started making sure everyone was in hall. I ran out and felt the wind blow more forcefully. I went to the arena, house to house, the blacksmith and even down to the docks. I never saw anything so deciding to wrap up my search at spend the last of my time running back to the hall.

I entered the hall and it almost immediately a blizzard started.

I took a few looks around but didn't see the boy and Night Fury anywhere. That's when I heard people saying that they hadn't seen Hiccup either and that they were about to close the doors for good.