48: Snotlout Gets the Axe

"Coming in hot!" Snotlout yelled as he flew in on Hookfang and blasted the targets with flame. "Haha, that's right! Get some, Dragon Hunters, get some! Snotlout, Snotlout, oi, oi, oi! Ha! Aaaahhh!" He then screamed and fell off the saddle, landing at the twins' feet.

"The judge from Berserker Island gave you a 6," Tuff said and crossed his arms, looking at the Viking beneath him.

"Uh, nice effort, Snotlout!" Hiccup praised him somewhat awkwardly. "We all need to stay sharp, especially with those Dragon Hunters on the loose. Astrid, you're up!"

"Hey!" I snapped. "Everyone's gone except for me,"

"You need to recover," Hiccup told me.

"I'm recovered enough to train, and besides, the next person who says I need to recover I'll make sure never does!" I scoffed and Astrid lightly kicked my leg, sending me to the ground. "That was diabolical and I hate you." I glared at her and then noticed a blue and red Nadder landing next to us.

"You really should loosen your grip there, boi-oh," Spitelout said to his son and dismounted. "It maximizes the bone-shattering potential."

"Dad?" Snotlout gasped in surprise.

"Spitelout! Eh, what a... what a pleasant surprise." Hiccup lied while hoisting me back to my feet.

"Eh, dull," Spitelout said after observing the damage that Snotlout make to the targets, and probably our training in general.

"Haha, yeah, I was just telling them that, dad." Snotlout laughed nervously. "Hey, did you see that-"

"I come with news from Berk." Spitelout interrupted. "There's to be a union tomorrow between two proud houses: our family, House Jorgenson, and..."

"What kind of muttonhead would marry into the Jorgenson's?" Astrid laughed discreetly to me.

"...Astrid's family, House Hofferson!"

Astrid stood in shock and it was my turn to laugh, but not so discreetly.

"..Wait, did he just say... House Hofferson??" She gaped in horror.

"Surprisingly, yes." I nodded to her.

"That is unprecedented." Fishlegs frowned. "There has never been a union between these two families! Hoffersons have always disliked Jorgenson's, and.."

"Jorgenson's have always irritated Hofferson's." Astrid finished with a growl. Then it looks like something struck her and gasped once more. "Wait, this means Snotlout's gonna be... family?"

"Oooh," I shuddered and cringed at the thought.

"What's the problem, cuz?" Snotlout asked and appeared beside Astrid, then wrapped an arm around her. "This is just going to bring us closer!"

Astrid elbowed Snotlout and sent him to the floor.

"Welcome to the family, lass." Spitelout grinned and pat her shoulder. "Now, onto business!" He continued and unwrapped an axe from a brown cloth.

"Woah!" Snotlout fangirled. "The Jorgenson family ceremonial axe! There's never been a union without it!"

"Aye, and as you know, it will need to be present tomorrow at Berk's secret matrimonial site, the Island of Friga, to chop down the ceremonial birch for this union to be official, so you, Snotlout, will be delivering it!" Spitelout told him.

"Sweet!"

"That's quite an honour, Snotlout!" Hiccup agreed.

"This privilege is only given to the bravest and most virile member of the Jorgenson clan. And you guys are looking at him! Boom, baby!! Whooo!!" Snotlout laughed and did some strange victory dance.