67: Family On The Edge

"And go!" Hiccup called and the twins took off on their dragon. We're supposed to hit some targets but Zipplebacks aren't sharpshooters. They gas and spark, and to do that, you actually have to gas the target, you can't just shoot from a distance.

"Three, two, one!" Hiccup counted down the targets as they were blown to shreds. "Slow and inaccurate. That's, uh, quite a combo."

"It was also our parents' nicknames for us!" Tuff told us. Yet another hilarious but perfectly believable story about the twins. "My nickname was 'Slow', which I thought was inaccurate."

"I believe it," I shrugged.

"Viggo doesn't know we found his shipyard yet. We'll only have one chance at knocking out his fleet. We have to get it right." Hiccup explained to us for the millionth time.

However, this signalled the end of a long day of training so who was I to complain. I turned to leave with Spike when my wrist was grabbed and I was pulled away by a certain Viking and his Night Fury. This was a fairly normal occurrence so I waved to Astrid and Heather who were smirking at the whole thing.

"You know, you could just ask me to come with you?" I pointed out as we made our way to his hut.

"Because you prefer this method." Hiccup smirked and linked our hands.

"I-... uh..." Well... he was right.

'Darn it, I have nothing!'

"So, why exactly are you kidnapping me this time?" I asked, trying to divert the subject.

"Do I need a reason?" He asked and we entered the hut when...

Dagur jumped from a corner waving Hiccup's flame sword. Like any sane person, I screamed at the top of my lungs and jumped in Hiccup's arms.

"This is cool! Brother! Sister in law!" Dagur yelled and Hiccup accepted the fact he was now carrying me and turned to leave. Unfortunately, Dagur stopped him by jumping in front of the door. "Wait, where are you going? It's me! Where's my hug?" Dagur lunged at us for a hug with the flaming sword and this time Hiccup and I both screamed while we scrambled away from him. "Oh. Sorry. Uh, How do you turn this thing off?"

I squeaked and jumped out of Hiccup's grasp and settled on hiding behind him.

"Give me that." Hiccup snapped, snatching back the sword before distinguishing and retracting it.

Dagur, either not noticing or not caring the fact that I was hyperventilating at his presence; started waltzing around the room and looking at things.

"I see you've been keeping busy." Dagur noticed Toothless and they made eye contact. Spike poked his head out from behind Toothless to see what was going on and the moment he saw Dagur, his pupils shrunk and he lunged. Toothless was smart enough to stand on Spike's tail and keep him from ripping Dagur to literal shreds. "Hey, come on, Spike! Toothless! Where's the love, man?"

"What the Thor are you doing here?" Hiccup seethed at the wackjob. "And approaching, (Y/n)? Look at her, she's terrified! You tried to kill and marry her multiple times!" He gestured to me who was currently wheezing on the floor.

Toothless lightly kicked Spike's leg and nodded his head to me. Spike, realizing that I was in distress, ran over and nuzzled his head in my arms. Sending discreet glares to Dagur.

"Yes, I admit. Not a memory I'm proud of. However, now that I have had a change of heart; maybe you will allow me the best man at your wedding." Dagur grinned, causing Hiccup and I to actually choke. "But have come because of Heather! I haven't seen a trace of her. It's so frustrating!"