9

We got the Whispering Death's on dragon island without a hitch.

"God, it's getting dark already. Looks like we gotta work quickly bud!" I said as we landed on Berk.

"I'm going to go check things with my dad about the Gobber situation." Hiccup said.

"Okay, see you later." I said and started walking away. Out of curiosity I looked behind me and saw Toothless nudging Hiccup while he looked put down.

"Oh, and!" I ran over and kissed Hiccup's cheek before running away.

He blushed and Toothless started making faces to embarrass him.

Spike and I got to my hut and told him the general place where the cave could be. I just told him to be carful with the construction so Berk wasn't destroyed.

Spike made a pretty spacious cave/hole thing. It was a good size for a growing dragon though. The mountain was already right next to my hut, so I got the idea to attach the cave to the hut. I could work overtime at the blacksmith and then pay for the tiny, but professional construction.

"Let's go get some wood, bud!" I called and we flew to the forest and he ripped out some trees so it wouldn't....cave in!

We went back and Spike and I made sure the place was sturdy before we claimed that it was done.

After we went into town and that is where we found everyone trying to wash Gobber.

"How's it going?" I said coming and standing beside Astrid.

"We have him roped up, so not too bad." She said annoyed as Gobber yelled for help.

"At least it's only once a month." I chuckled and watched as the twins poured a bucket of water on Snotlout.

Everyone decided that he was clean enough and gave up. Most people sighed, as the grown Viking ran away at top speed when he was free.

Astrid and I turned to leave since the show was over. When we did we were met with Stormfly and Spike playing together. Stormfly was showing him how use his spines. Luckily not shoot them.

"Come on girl, we've got some training to do!" Astrid called to her dragon. Stormfly roared goodbye to Spike and they took off.

"Before we go home we've gotta stop at the Blacksmith. I think I left my sketchbook there." I said and we walked over to the small wooden building.

I opened the door and found two things. One, my sketchbook on the table. Two, Hiccup passed overtop of many invention ideas. Toothless was laying on the floor next to him.

I giggled and shook Hiccup awake lightly.

"Wha- oh (y/n)." He yawned and stretched his lanky arms out.

"It's getting late, you should head home." I smiled and picked up my sketchbook.

"Dad's been having people over all day, complaining about the dragons." Hiccup said and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Last thing I want to do is walk into a house filled with angry Vikings."

"You can crash with us. All I have to offer is the couch." I offered the tired boy.

"Sounds perfect!" Hiccup yawned again and Toothless and him got up.

We all went to my hut and Spike and Toothless went in the cave. Hiccup collapsed on the couch and I threw him a blanket and pillow then went upstairs to my room.

It did cross my mind that we could share my bed. But we've been together what, two days? Plus, Hiccup is still one of my best friends, so it's not like I could wave him off.

I curled up in my blankets and eventually fell asleep.

* * *

Then next morning I woke up and went to feed the dragons while Hiccup was still out cold.

"Morning guys!" I called and carried in a barrel fish for them.

"Salmon, Trout, Perch And absolutely, zero eel!" I said and dumped the barrel at their feet. Wait, Spike doesn't have feet...feet and tail.

"Well, eat up!" I chirped and went back inside my hut. When I entered I saw Hiccup getting up.

"Sleep well?" I asked and set the empty barrel to the side.

"Yah, well it's not the first time you let me sleep over." He said we walked out the door.

"Yes, well, this is the first time you weren't afraid to go home because of your dad." I pointed out as his cheeks flushed.

"Well, that was before the whole 'saviour of Berk' thing." Hiccup defended himself.

"I don't know if I'd say 'saviour of Berk'. But you did cause a big and good change" I told him honestly.

"It was a team effort that's for sure. Plus, it's not like I trained Toothless by myself." He smiled at me and that made my heart flutter. We were at the entrance to the cave and our dragons came to us.

"I'm helping Gobber today, but I think we should add Spike to 'The Book Of Dragons'." I said as we mounted.

"Good idea, I have to fill in the Nightfury page too.
How about we meet at the cove tomorrow and see what a Screaming Death is capable of?" Hiccup asks me before we part ways.

"Sure! Come on bud, let's go for a fly before work!" I smiled and pet Spike who roared happily.

We shot off into the sky and I was still not used to flying such a massive dragon. Spike was much larger then toothless, and could easily destroy like...anything, in a split second. Not only was he strong, he was fast and could with a bit of training, match Toothless's non diving speed.

We flew around the crystal waters and golden shores as the wind sent my hair flying straight back. We flew around the sea stacks and admired all there was to admire on Berk, before landing in front of the shop.

I got Spike to light the fire and then told him he could go play with the other dragons.

The orders coming in were mostly saddles and such. That required parts, which I was thankful enough that Hiccup had designs for on the desk. The parts were easy enough and eventually I was back to my normal job. Sweating over the fire, sharpening blades. Thought I don't know what they'll really be used for anymore.

As the went on there were no more orders so I started sketching saddle ideas for spike. Eventually after many, many hours, I was out cold.