50: Snow Way Out

Hiccup and Toothless were up in the sky, testing out the new Gronckle iron armour. Spike and I were laughing and speeding around them as the armour was much too heavy and they were moving like a sea snail.

"Told ya we should've got with the Screaming Death scales!" I grinned at Hiccup as Spike flew upside-down above Toothless.

"Maybe, but I'm not the one flying upside-down without being harnessed to their saddle.

That caused me to shriek in fear, making Spike roll right side up and me checking my harness frantically. "Hey! It is on!" I realized angrily.

Hiccup just laughed and Toothless groaned. "Yeah, I hear ya, bud. Wearing metal on skin can be itchy. Trust me, I know." He said and pat the dragon's neck. But we need to stay focused. There's no margin for error this time. What do you say we go in fast and low? With this new armour and your moves, they won't touch us."

"We're right here you know?" I said, folding my arms and cocking an eyebrow.

Toothless groaned and shook his body in discomfort."I know. It's heavy." Hiccup told him. "Just- Net! Hooks! Arrows! Look out!"

My pupils shrunk and I shrieked then pulled Spike into a steep dive. Luckily, spike swerved and twirled easily dodging the arrows, hooks and nets. Toothless, however, was too slow and was hit by an arrow. It clanked off the armour and then all the armour fell off, causing the two to get pelted in paint arrows. Spike landed gracefully on the grass while Toothless skidded to a halt. Hiccup and Toothless were covered in blue paint, fortunately, the culprit made no effort to hide.

"Snotlout! Snotlout! Oi-Oi-Oi!" Snotlout yelled and jumped around.

"Nice shot, Snotlout." Hiccup sighed and Snotlout fired another arrow at his chest. "Ahh! Really?" Toothless who was also unimpressed, swished his tail and knocked Snotlout over.

"Ow!"

* * *

"Ugh! I really thought we had it this time." Fishlegs groaned and dropped the remnants of the amour to the floor.

It was now night time and we all sat in the clubhouse discussing ways to lighten the Gronckle Iron armour. All of us being Hiccup, Fishlegs, Snotlout, me and the twins; Astrid had gone to Berk early this morning. I did ask her if she wanted me to go with her, but after some awkward hand flailing on her part I was able to deduct that this wasn't just a 'business trip'. I had no intention of ruining or third-wheeling in her and Erick's rare alone time. In fact, I was kind of jealous. The last time Hiccup and I had tried to have alone time, we were pulled apart by Barf & Belch and were smacked into each other many times. I still have the bruises to prove it.

"Hey, this batch of Gronckle Iron armour lasted longer than the last one." Hiccup said reassuringly to Fishlegs. Spike grabbed a leftover part of his old Screaming Death scales and nudged Hiccup with it. "I appreciate the offer, big guy. But if Ryker finds out what those scales are from, he'll know that you're nearby. Besides, we've got this armour holding longer then it did before."

"Yes, but not long enough." Tuff pointed out. "Wait, unless you wanted Hiccup to get shot down."

"Interesting hypothesis, brother." Ruff hummed and thought to herself.

"Why are you trying to kill Hiccup?!" Tuff yelled at Fishlegs in shock.

"I'm not trying to kill Hiccup." He responded and brushed the twin off.

"That's exactly what someone trying to kill Hiccup would say," Tuff said suspiciously.

"Indeed. We're keeping our eye on you, pal." Tuff told him and made said finger motion.