59: Follow the Leader

Hi, sorry for the delay but this is a looooong chapter. Basically, I had a 'great idea' and then 6000 words later and I still haven't started the transcript. Sorry. Also, I recently found out the Stoick was the phantom of the opera, I was in shock. Maybe he sings at Snoggletog?
————

"You've got everything?" Astrid asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Jeez, you make it sound like I'm the one who's going away!" I said dramatically but smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Like you and Hiccup aren't going to ditch the others and go exploring." She grinned.

"It's not ditching! It's just... okay you've got me." I sighed and we hugged.

"Anything you need at Berk?" Astrid asked as we pulled away.

"A new hut," I said monotonously and frowned.

"Okay, anything reasonable?" She corrected.

"Flightmare gel, please." I responded as she climbed on Stormfly.

"Still painting stars on the ceiling of your hut?"

"Yes, but I decided to go for the entire night sky and ran out of gel." I laughed sheepishly.

"Of course. See you in a few days!" Astrid called as she and Stormfly flew away.

"Bye!" I laughed and waved until they were a small spec in the sky.
.
.
.
"Ready to go?"

I shrieked and jumped at the sudden voice, only to be grabbed from behind causing me to scream again. I whipped around and saw Hiccup standing there with a smug look on his face and suddenly Astrid's advice rand through my head. I glared at Hiccup before grabbing and twisting his arm around his back, sending him to the ground.

"Why would you do that!" I yelled, standing up and shaking his arm out while I smiled to myself.

"You scared me. Those who go against the Queen shall die." I told him as if it were obvious information. "So, you left Fishlegs in charge?"

Hiccup looked like he was going to say something against my statement but smartly decided against it. "Yup, things should be okay while we're gone."

"Perfect! Let's go!" I grinned and grabbed his hand and began dragging him to the stables.

"So, how exactly do we get into the underground jungle?" Hiccup asked and let me pull him along.

"There's a giant hole in the top of the mountain and a small cave, but there must be other entrances somewhere because the Speed Stingers can access it easily." I explained. "Oh, I'm so excited! We can finally explore the upper levels! There may be new dragons and get to see Frostbite again! Ahhh I'm so excited!!" I squealed and started jumping around.

Hiccup started laughing and hugged me to his side and kissed my forehead. "You're so cute."

"I-I am not cute!" I stuttered and looked away with a red face.

"Sure," He chuckled and linked our hands.

* * *

"Which way?" Hiccup asked as we hovered in the air above the mountain on our dragons.

"I'd say the top, there's a bunch of lakes in the caves as well as zero flying room." I said and flew Spike up to the top. "Ready?"

"As much as possible when I'm with you." He responded.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I grinned and Spike down inside the mountain.

When we passed through the opening there was a significant temperature change, from hypothermia to hot tub. Of course, that meant we were blasted with a cloud of steam where the two met and I think we were slightly cooked while entering but oh well. We descended below the cloud and Spike roared in reaction to seeing the tropical paradise.