42: The Next Big Sting

We all panted as we finally got to the top of the cliff Hiccup dragged us up.

"Oh, my back," Tuff grunted in pain.

"Okay Hiccup, you dragged us all the way up here," Astrid said.

"Now what is it you have to show us? It better involve food or destruction. Or a combination of the two." Tuff told him.

I'll admit I didn't know why Hiccup dragged us up here, but I had a few ideas. We were up high and it was windy so my hunch was it was gonna be some sort of flight suit.

"I bet you're wondering why I brought you here today." Hiccup grinned. "And the answer is, to show you my latest invention. Presenting the Dragonfly One. Huh? Huh?" He gestured for our opinions.

Chicken clucked and hid her face in her wing.

"The chicken is not amused," Tuff said monotonously.

Chicken clucked again in agreement.

"What is it?" Snotlout asked and eyed the contraption.

"It's a flight suit. Don't all applaud at once." Hiccup said sarcastically.

"Hiccup, I don't need to remind you that we already have flying dragons. Why would we ever need a flight suit?" Fishlegs asked.

"Well, what if we were to get separated from our dragons mid-flight? We might need to solo fly until we catch up with them again." Hiccup suggested.

"When this doesn't work, and it clearly will not, can I have Toothless?" Snotlout asked.

Toothless growled.

"No, he'd go to me," I said and hugged the black Night Fury. Toothless purred and rubbed our heads together.

"Oh, for Thor's sake." Hiccup sighed.

"What are you planning on doing here?" Astrid asked.

"Jumping. Unless someone has a better idea." He replied.

Astrid sighed and muttered "Boys!"

"I've gotten used to it by now," I said to her.

"Guys, relax! Feel that updraft?" Hiccup asked. "That's why I chose this place. It'll pick up my wings and I'll be floating on a bed of air." He opens the Dragonfly One and notices one wing didn't open completely. Hiccup grunted as he pulled on it and chuckled awkwardly as he continually tried to open it.

"Or crashing on a bed of rock." Snotlout said which appeared to be closer to the truth.

Hiccup growled and finally got the wing to open. "Okay, everyone. Dragonfly One, maiden flight." He jumps and then screamed as he began to fall.

"Hiccup!" I yelled and ran to look over the cliff.

"I don't know about you guys, but I was under the impression that a flight suit was supposed to fly," Tuff said aloud.

"Yeah, that looks more like a plummet suit." Ruff chuckled. "Do it again."

Toothless jumped over the cliff and caught him, they did hit a few rocks but came back up. We all waited a good twenty minutes while Hiccup made some adjustments. I spent my time sitting in the grass making Spike and I flower crowns.