14

I rolled out of my bed the next morning. Literally, I fell on the floor and woke up.

"Ouch." I rubbed my head and went downstairs to feed Spike. I gave him fish, ate some food myself and  grabbed my saddle.

"Done eating?" I asked the Screaming Death as I attached the saddle to him. "Let's go!"

I jumped up onto the saddle and Spike took off. We flew out beyond the village and to the sea stacks where Astrid had set up targets for practice spine shots.

"Ready bud?" Spike roared and and flung spines at the target, hitting them head on. I yelled in happiness and then stood up on the saddle.

At the right moment, I jumped onto a sea stack and summersaulted to a halt on my butt. Groaning in slight pain, I ran off and started taking the spines out of the targets. I eventually got them all out and carried the spines to the edge on the stack where I jumped off.

I landed in my saddle on my dragon who gave me the 'are you crazy' look.

"Let's go the Blacksmith big guy!" I said to Spike and instead did a nosedive. I screamed as we plunged underwater at top speed. Spike then went straight up and out of the ocean where I had move my wet hair from my eyes and spit water out of my mouth.

"Har, har, har." I said sarcastically and my dragon roared.

"Okay! We're even, I get it!" I actually laughed as we headed back to Berk.

I slid off Spike when we landed outside the shop. The forge wasn't lit so I asked Spike if we could light it while I got some stuff. I found what I needed and came back to a warm fire and a sleepy dragon.

"Thanks bud." I kissed his big head and went to work. I put a big pot over the fire and put all the spines in it. Nothing happened. I sighed and figured that it would be a long melting process.

I sat down and leaned on Spike until we both drifted off.

"Ehhh.." I groaned as I woke up from my wonderful nap by someone hammering something.

I got up and saw Hiccup working on what I was guessing was his shield.

"You're up?" He said but didn't turn.

"How could I not be!" I groaned exasperatedly.

He chuckled. "If you're done complaining, your, whatever it is is done."

"I am." I giggled and got up and kissed his cheek before walking over to the pot.

Inside was a white and red bubbling liquid. I went into my workspace and grabbed the mould I made my scythe with. Then set it underneath the pot and then poured the liquid in the mold.

"Now to wait till it cools and then sharpen it!" I said proudly and put my hand on my hips. "How's the shield going?" I asked and walked over.

"Great, this Gronkle Iron is amazing!" Hiccup exclaimed and showed me the skeleton of the crossbow inside the shield.

"It looks awesome!" I said. That's when we heard a loud roar and screaming.

"Let's go!" Hiccup said and jumped on Toothless while I jumped on Spike.

We flew up and saw a raging Hookfang who was ripping at building causing a panic.

I saw Snotlout trying to get to Hookfang on the ground and quickly landed.

"What's going on?!" I yelled at him.

"I don't know! I was just feeding Hookfang and he went crazy!" Snotlout yelled.