49: The Zippleback Experience

"Alright guys, let's drop the foundation right about....here." Hiccup said and our dragons dropped the nets. "That should work. Perfect location."

Fishlegs grinned. "I, for one, couldn't be happier that we're finally-"

"Setting up the new watchtower." Snotlout cut him off. "We know. We've been hearing about it for the past, oh, I don't know, week, month...What comes next?"

"Year, decade, century, millennium, Infinity?"

"Guys, look, this is important." Hiccup interrupted us. "We've been seeing ships of the northern coast that have absolutely no reason to be there. Now with this," he gestured to the foundation of the watchtower. "we can send up an early warning signal if they come into our waters."

"If you're talking about Dagur and Ryker, and that's who I assume we're talking about-" Snotlout began but was cut off.

"Actually I wasn't referring to-" this time Hiccup got cut off.

"How about this? Whoever's out there that shouldn't be out there, let's just get on these very effective fire-breathing war machines and go off and blast them into oblivion." Snotlout suggested.

"Because that's not who we are!" Hiccup argued and sent him a glare. "Since when do we go blasting people into oblivion?"

My eyes widened as I recalled all the time's Spike and I had blasted people into oblivion. There a lot of times.

"Don't worry, Hookster." Snotlout told Hookfang. "He doesn't speak for us."

"Woo-hoo!" Ruff yelled from up the mountain.

"Definitely not for them." I sighed.

"Here we gooo!" Ruff yelled as the pushed off the mountain and sledded down on Barf & Belch.

"Oh, I love to cut through the fresh powder. Don't you, sis?!" Tuff cheered as the sliced and curved through the snow.

"Yeah! Just like a warm knife through yak butter! Woo-hoo!"

"Blast! Blast!" Tuff yelled and the Zippleback blasted away mounds of snow. "Yeah! Yeah! Again." *explosion* "Zippleback, baby!"

"I don't see how this couldn't possibly end well," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"Those two muttonheads better not bring all that snow up there down on us," Astrid growled.

"It's not the snow I'm worried about." Hiccup said nervously and a huge explosion sounded, sending wave to an even bigger avalanche. "It's the ice!"

The five of us took off down the mountain and the down while the twins and Zippleback rolled at an alarming rate. Ruff and Tuff ended up flying off their dragon and headfirst into the snow.

"That hurt," Ruff groaned.

Astrid and I dove Stormfly and Spike the snow and picked up a twin, getting them out harms way before they could be crushed by the snow. Barf & Belch continued tumbling until they flipped towards a cliff.

"Barf!"

"Belch!"

The twins yelled to their halves of the dragon. Suddenly a black shot right above them.

"Come on, bud."

Barf and Belch fall off the cliff but Toothless caught them in his claws and we flew them back to the edge. As soon as we landed on a deck, the Zippleback started licking Hiccup.

"Okay, okay." He said awkwardly and tried to get off Toothless. "I-I get it, yo-you're welcome."

I noticed his metal leg that was missing the foot piece which was still in the stirrup and tried to warm him. "Uh, Hiccup! I wouldn't do that if I were-"