I'm Sorry (Nico di Angelo x FTM!Reader)

Percy Jackson
Angsty
I sat there staring at the flames that reflected a shadowy black. I hated this part. Half-bloods died, that wasn't a surprise, but this was the first time someone close had been killed. He just went on a small quest and was ambushed by monsters. It wasn't his time. Tears blurred my vision again and I buried my face in my hands, not caring if I looked weak at the moment. Kneeling in front of the pit, I sobbed loudly. My brother was no longer with me and I couldn't do anything to bring him back. I cried out for him and heard people around me sniffling, but slowly make their way back to their usual activities. I stayed. Balling my fists and pulling my hair. Crying, yelling, screaming out for him. I knew it was hopeless, but yet I continued. I remembered all the times my brother had helped me. Anytime I was sad, he was there. He always made me smile. My favorite memory came to mind. The day he met my boyfriend, Nico. He had walked up to the dark Hades boy and threatened him, saying, "If you hurt my brother, I will make sure you stay in the underworld for eternity, got it?" Nico was silent until my brother laughed and grabbed Nico, rubbing the top of his head until it hurt. "Just kidding." They spent the rest of the day telling stories about me and funny events.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. Nico was knelt next to me, staring at the ground with a pained expression. "I'm sorry." He mumbled quietly. I hid my head in his shoulder crying even more. Nico held on to me tightly like if he let go, I would disappear.
"It'll be okay. I promise." He whispered. Somehow, I knew he was right.