Hurt (Steve x ftm!reader)

Marvel
Short but sweet
It was supposed to be an easy mission, but it didn't go as smoothly as I hoped. The enemy seemed to be prepared for our attack and made it difficult to achieve our goal. I knew it was dangerous to have low expectations for a mission and today was an example of why.
I glanced around, holding my waist as blood flooded out of the wound. I needed to find a place to hide and stop the bleeding. There was no way I'd be able to fight like this and I'd only get in the way of everyone else.
After finding a deserted area, I sat against the wall and looked more closely at the wound. I yanked my head up when I heard a noise, pulling my gun out and pointing it in the direction of the sound.
I sighed when Steve ran out from the doorway and was looking around. He spotted me and sprinted to my side.
"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asked, looking at the wound. I nodded and winced as Steve picked me up.
"Come on. The mission is almost done. We can leave." He stated.
I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head. "We can't. We'll get in trouble." I commented, not wanting to get on Nick Furys bad side.
Steve chuckled. "Always worrying about getting in trouble." He shook his head and started walked out of the building. "I got permission. Don't worry." He set me carefully on his motorcycle and started it.
When we got back to base camp, he made sure I got the medical care I needed and didn't leave my side until he knew everything was fine.
I was laying on the cot, talking with Steve as Nick Fury walked in, not looking pleased.
"Look, I know you two are married and you love your husband and all that, but seriously if you leave another mission because one of you, and usually it's y/n, gets a fucking cat scratch, I will personally shoot you myself." He stated and walked out.
Steve and I laughed it off.
Hopefully he was joking.
He was.
Right?