Sports Festival (Izuku x ftm!reader)

My Hero Academia
This started out as a Bakugou oneshot, but I made it into a Deku one. I still have the Bakugou version (which is pretty different) if anyone wants it.
It wasn't easy getting this far in the sports festival. Even with my shapeshifting quirk, it was difficult to go against the other students, who had spectacular quirks as well.
Now, we were on the one-on-one fights and I was getting nervous. I was only able to get through the last challenge because someone became clumsy and anxious. It was pure luck that I made it.
I paid special attention when they were assigning who was going to fight who. Everyone seemed to have been put into a fair match. I began to fidget waiting for my name until they announced the last of the first rounds of matches.
"Midoriya, Izuku vs. L/n, Y/n!" Mic yelled from his place in the stadium.
My stomach dropped and my eyes widened. I could feel people staring at me.
Izuku was my opponent.
Someone who I had grown to be friends with, or at least in my eyes; someone who was much stronger than me, would be the person I fought against in the next hour or so.
I glanced over at him. He was already staring at me. His grass like hair waved as the wind blew and his eyes were burning into mine. He was planning the match in his head, trying to figure out the best approach.
I was the one to look away first. How on earth would I be able to win against him? I could only shapeshift into animal's, so I'd have to be smart.
I began to go through all the animal species in my head that would give me an advantage.
Armadillos had a tough shell, which would help with his attacks, but a Hawk could give me the advantage of the air.
Matches continued as I thought. It was difficult to go back and forth between animals, so the most I could switch is two times. The bigger the animal though the more painful it was to shift back, so I'd have to go small but powerful.
It felt like only a few minutes ago, we were assigned opponents, so I was surprised when Izuku tapped me on the shoulder and told me it was our turn. I nodded and followed him down.
The match was quick. I decided on shifting into a bird and a tiger. It wasn't long though, before Izuku tricked me into jumping out of bounds. I growled, still in my tiger form and stalked my way back into the arena, not wanting to go through the pain of going back to a human.
As I paced the hallway as a tiger, I cursed to myself. I was sure I'd at least last longer than what I had.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed someone watching me. As a tiger, the only reason I immediately recognized him was because one of few colors I could see was green, which made his hair stand out.
I backed against the wall and stared at him. He slowly walked toward me and knelt down.
"I meant to tell you that you were amazing out there." He stated.
I huffed in disagreement. Izuku smiled.
"I actually wanted to talk to you at some point, so I think this is that right time." He commented. "I wanted to tell you that...." Everything was silent as he rubbed the back of his neck and glanced between me and the floor. "I like you. I wanted to know if there was anyway you'd be my boyfriend?" His voice shook as he asked me.
I just stared at him in shook, completely forgetting I was not human. Which made me super confused when I tried to speak and only weird noises came out.
I paused and sighed mentally. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the pain. It used to be worse, but now the pain only feels like a period cramp but it's throughout my body.
I open my eyes when I felt it was finished. Izuku was still watching me. I smiled a little.
"Even though I'm still a little sour about losing...." I joked and continued. "I would like too, Izuku."
He smiled and hugged me.
Almost as if he remembered something, he jumped up. "I have to go. All Might wanted to talk to me." He stated, blushing. "I'll see you later."
I watched as he ran down the hallway and laughed.