A Helping Hand (Tokoyami x ftm!reader)

My Hero Academia
I didn't know how much I loved him until I wrote this. Thank you whoever requested this! Also both Tokoyami and y/n are in their senior year so they can be 18 or older.

It was only a few days after top surgery. School was out for a break, so by the time it started again, I'd be able to go. I wouldn't be able to do much hero training, but I'd be able to watch and study.
Sitting on the couch, I glanced around the room. I wouldn't be able to lift anything heavy for weeks and I'd have to carry around these bags on my side to let my wound drain. The surgery was quick or at least felt like it. After all, I was asleep for most of it, thanks to the drugs the doctor used. The final product though was amazing. Anytime I get up, either to eat or use the restroom, I can't help but stare at my chest in the mirror.
I groaned as the show I was watching ended. I didn't even like it and I was growing bored, but there wasn't much I could do while recovering. It was driving me absolutely crazy.
I was surprised when I heard a soft knock on the door of my apartment. I groaned as I pushed myself up, walking toward the door.
When I opened it, I was even more shocked to find Tokoyami outside it. "Hey, Y/n." He greeted me. I smiled and moved over so he could come in.
M

oving wasn't super painful, since the medicine the doctor gave me was pretty strong, but it was uncomfortable. Tokoyami must've noticed me cringe. "Y/n? Is everything okay?"
His eyes widened as if it was the first time he actually looked at me. "You look tired." He stated. I laughed, not expecting that to come out of his mouth.
"I kinda am. Just trying to recover from the surgery." I replied. He nodded, with his normal calm expression. Tokoyami was the one who drove me home from after my top surgery, so he had been checking on me all the time, making sure I wasn't in too much pain or uncomfortable.
Today, we planned on watching movies as a at-home lazy date, but he wasn't supposed to come over for another hour.
"You weren't supposed to be over so soon. I still haven't picked up." I stated glancing around, seeing all the little messes around my house.
Tokoyami moved and pulled out a bag of chinese takeout from his cape. He smiled a little. "I figured you were hungry. I didn't want you fixing dinner and over working yourself." He commented, walking passed me. He pecked my cheek before heading to the kitchen. I sighed happily, before following. How did I get such an amazing boyfriend?
In the kitchen, Tokoyami was walking around, getting two plates from the cabinet and forks from the drawer under it. He knew my apartment as if it were his own, since he spent a lot of time here after school.
"You know, technically, I'm not supposed to be eating this kind of stuff after the surgery, right?" I joke as we both sit down at the table. He puts the plate and fork in front of himself and me, while grinning.
"Well, sometimes it's good to spoil yourself, but if you feel bad in anyway, please stop eating and wait a while before continuing." He went from joking to serious with the last part. I nodded, showing that I understand.
He pulled the food out of the bag and helped fill my plate with sweet and sour chicken, rice, and crab rangoons.  After filling his plate, we proceeded to eat and chat.
It wasn't long before we were both full.
"Excited for your post-opp appointment in a few days?" He asked. I watched as dark shadow appeared behind him. I kinda waved, thinking it was odd I hadn't seen him until now, but then again, my place was pretty bright.
"Super excited, because after it, I can shower." I joked. "I feel so gross and it hasn't been a full week yet."
Tokoyami nodded in understanding, standing up. He went to pick up my plate, but I stopped him.
"I can take the plates. Don't worry. I'm not completely useless." I chuckled and got up, grabbing his and my plate. Tokoyami shook his head and dark shadow almost looked worried.
"Your not useless and I know that. I just want to help you. Plus, your doctor said no cleaning." He commented as he cleaned up the empty food boxes and bag on the table.
I walked over to the sink and placed the plates in it. "I know." I sighed.

We both sat down on the couch, making sure we weren't too close so we didn't mess with my bodily liquid filled bag on my side. Tokoyami chose a romantic movie based off a Nicholas Sparks book. It didn't seem like a movie he would like, but the shine in his eyes argued with that.
He held my hand through out the movie and every now and than, he'd glance at me. It was a nice night over all.
After a few films, I noticed that Tokoyami had fallen asleep. I chuckled, knowing that someoen would find out that he slept over my house two nights over the break. That was going to be an interesting day, considering how nosey our classmates were.
The first night he spent here was because my doctor recommended that I had someone else at my house the first night after surgery. Tokoyami happily agreed to stay.
I glanced around and attempted to grab the blanket behind me. I eventually got it and put the large cloth it over him and me, settling down and slowly drifting to sleep.