Chapter 2: "Coffee sounds good."

-Ava's POV-

"This is song is wonderful Ava, really I just love it!"

I smile, trying to resist the urge to jump up and down like a school girl. To think that Katy Perry just recorded one of my songs blows my mind.

She gives me a hug and we listen to the final cut, both giving it our seal of approval.

"Wow, this is just so amazing!" I gush, listening to how she changed a few things here and there, making it her own.

"We're going to release it as my new single next week. I think it will put us in the running for a Grammy or two." She winks at me.

"A Grammy?!" I try to stop my mouth from falling open in shock but I can't.

"Yes a Grammy! And if it does, then you're going to be my date to the awards show."

"Well if you insist." I smile at her, excitement running through my whole body.

"I do! Now I have a interview to get to. How bout we do lunch next week?" She asks.

"Sounds great. Just give me a ring."

"Ring? You were across the pond far to long Ava McCain." She laughs at me before giving me a hug goodbye.

I finish up a few more things at the studio before heading back to the office.

"Hey Ava!" I'm greeted the second I enter through the glass doors.

"Afternoon Jenna. Any calls this morning?"

"Yes." She answers, picking up her notepad. "Thomas called and needed to change your meeting from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, so I penciled him in for 10am. And Margaret called to let you know she found a location for the charity ball this year."

"Did she say how much that was going to cost?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yup, $10,000."

"How many are expected to attend?"

"About 200 or so." She answers, checking her notebook.

"Okay. Call her back and tell her to cancel it. We'll have the party at my place and donate the funds saved instead. $10,000 is just ridiculous."

"Agreed." She nods at me.

I pick up a few more notes she made for me and head into my office as my cell phone starts to ring. I dig around in my bag, pulling it out to see that it's an unknown number.

"Ava McCain." I say, quickly answering it.

"Hey Ava. It's Liam. Liam Hemsworth."

Shit! I totally forgot Finn was going to give him my number.

"Oh hey Liam. How are you?" I ask, trying to sound calm.

"Good. And you? Haven't seen you on the set in awhile."

"Finn banished me from visiting after I knocked one of the cameras over and broke it."

"That was you?!" He chuckles. "He told everyone a wild animal ran through and knocked it over."

"Nope that was me." I laugh, the look on Finn's face when it happened coming into my mind.

"Well... since you aren't allowed on set, maybe we could grab some coffee or something sometime... and catch up."

I can't help but smile at how unsure of himself he sounds. I bite my lip, contemplating on if I should take him up on his offer.

"Ava?" He asks when I don't respond.

"Yes sorry! I was thinking."

"If you don't want to.."

"No, no." I cut him off, deciding to just go for it. "Coffee sounds good."

"Great! How about Friday morning?"

I quickly flip through my calendar, checking my schedule for that day. "I could do 9:30."

"That works for me. Do you know where Brew Well is?"

"Yeah, I love that place."

"Me too. So I'll meet you there?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, I'll see you then Ava."

"Bye Liam."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and lean back in my chair, staring out my window at the view of downtown LA.

A coffee date with Liam Hemsworth.

Maybe Finn is right. Maybe this is just what I need.