Chapter 56: A Stolen Moment and Three Conditons

-Ava's POV-

The muffled sounds of Harry's voice wake me up slowly as I pull the blanket tighter around myself for warmth.

We never made it to the bed last night, yet I've never slept better. Harry had pulled a blanket from off the couch, wrapping us both up in it before we drifted off to sleep.

I sit up as I hear Harry's voice raise, the sound of his feet padding across the kitchen floor growing more hurried. He's pacing. Harry only paces when he's upset or angry.

"No, not coming back today...... I don't care what they bloody saw, it's my personal life. Can't I ever have any fucking privacy?...... That's none of your business..... Kevin, you don't own me, Modest doesn't own me...... Yes, course I think about how it'll affect the other lads, I'm not mad...... No, you're not talking to her. She's off limits Kevin....."

He voice is angry and strained as I haul myself up off the floor, bringing the blanket with me. I wrap it around my body before slowly walking into the kitchen.

Harry's eyes meet mine when I step up to the bar, his hand running through his hair anxiously.

"We'll talk about this later. I'll ring you." Harry abruptly hangs up his phone, slamming it down on the counter.

I instinctively jump, causing Harry to frown as he pulls me into his chest.

"Sorry love." He says quietly. "Didn't mean to startle you. You alright?"

"Mmmhmm." I nod, "Are you?"

"Yeah.."

"Yeah?"

He sighs, rubbing his hand on my lower back. "Someone saw us... last night. Posted a picture on Twitter."

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Do people have no decency at all?

"Have you seen it?" I ask hesitantly.

He nods, grabbing his phone off the counter and unlocking it. He holds it up to me and my heart falls.

It's blurry and far away, but it's obviously Harry, down on one knee in front of me. Shit.

I look up at him, his eyes full of worry as he looks over my face.

"I'm sorry Av."

"What? You have nothing to be sorry for." I shake my head, "You didn't do this."

"No, but it's cause of who I am that this moment isn't ours. It's everyone's now."

"Doesn't matter. We have so many moments that no one can ever take right?" My voice is hopeful, knowing it needs to be.

This is just the beginning I'm sure. And Harry needs to know I'm with him, and we are so much more than what people say about us.

"Yeah we do. Of course we do." He smiles at me, leaning down and giving me a much needed kiss.

His smile leaves as swiftly as it disappeared, "What a bloody mess."

"So management is upset?"

"A bit... A lot.. Yeah. They want to have a meeting. With both of us... A right bloody mess."

I start to open my mouth, but Harry quickly cuts me off, "Told them you weren't going to be there."

"Harry..."

"No. I won't have you dealing with this bullshite."

"Okay." I give him a halfhearted smile.

His thumb runs across my cheek as he gives another sigh, "I just don't want them..I dunno... They'll try to convince you this isn't good for me."

"No, they won't."

"They'll give you second thoughts about us."

"No, they won't. Maybe... if we did go together, they'd see we're a team. That we won't be so easy to separate?"

Harry raises an eyebrow at me as I push the hair off his face. "A team yeah?"

"I'd like to think so."

He nods, furrowing his eyebrows as he thinks, "Alright. We'll go together. On one condition."

"Name your terms."

"One... If you're involved in my shite, them I'm involved in yours. Which means no dealing with your wretched family on your own, no dealing with that fucking prick on your own either. I know you'll hear from them. And when you do, we handle it together, you tell me everything."

I sigh. He has so much to handle already on a day to day basis, I hate adding anything on top of that.

"Ava, I'm serious." His hand grips my chin softly, tilting it up so he can look into my eyes. "I'm taking care of you, whether you fancy it or not."

My heart melts at his words. Never before Harry has anyone put forth such effort to make sure I'm happy and safe. Ever since we met he's only wanted to help me. Help me move past my insecurities, my doubts, my fears, and my history.

He did it all, breaking my walls down one by one. Helping me see I needed to let go of my past and let him be my future.

"Alright." I finally speak, bringing a smile to Harry's face that makes the dimples I love appear.

"Twoooo..." He smirks, his mood suddenly being lifted.

"You said one condition."

"Changed my mind." He shrugs. "We meet them tomorrow. Today, we stay here.. in this cabin."

"I think I can do that." I grin as his lips meet my jawline.

"Three and most importantly... you lose the duvet."

With that his fingers grip the blanket wrapped around me, swiftly tugging it off my body and dropping it on the floor.

I shriek as I'm thrown over Harry's shoulder and carried towards the bedroom.

Tomorrow I don't look forward to. But today... Today I can't wait to start.
_________________
Double update! Gotta vote for that right?! ;)