Chapter 24: An Emergency.. Of Sorts

-Ava's POV-

I want to run.

My illogical brain wants me to just run and pretend if I'm not actually a witness to this event, then it's not actually happening.

God, I wish things were that easy.

But they aren't. My body doesn't give a thought to what my brain is suggesting. Cause I'm frozen, unable to move as Harry and the bitch on his arm move towards us.

Okay, maybe she isn't a bitch. Maybe she's the nicest sweetest girl in the world. In fact, she probably is, if Harry asked her here.

But right now, I'm just gonna go with 'she's a bitch and needs to be taken down.'

If I wasn't so shocked and hurt, I would most definitely laugh at myself. The picture of me going all Means Girls cat fight on her is just about as believable as Niall fasting for more than three hours.

I try to focus on that mental image, hoping it will somehow make this easier. But the second they are standing right in front of us, I know nothing could make this easier.

Cause I can't think of a single thing, not one solitary thought, other than the fact that the man I'm in love with is here with someone else.

"Hiiii." Harry looks from me to Liam with an expressionless face. "This is Becca. Becca, this is Liam and Ava."

I feel Liam's hand on my back, and it seems to give me just enough strength to speak.

"Nice to meet you." I try my best to smile but I know it's a complete failure.

"You too!" She smiles ever so sweetly, her voice high pitched and shrill. "You look so familiar. Have we met before?"

"Nope." I answer curtly.

"You sure? I swear I've seen you somewhere." She purses her lips as she looks over my face.

"Don't think so." I look away from her, feeling my whole body tense.

"Ermm. Nice party." Harry remarks before leaning and giving me a hug.

The awkward tension and my need to cry goes up about a thousand notches as he leans in towards my ear and whispers. "You look beautiful." Before standing up straight and putting his arm back around Becca.

God, he has some nerve.

"You're an asshole." I blurt out.

Harry's eyes widen and his mouth falls open in shock.

"Ava, let's go dance." Liam orders, grabbing my arm softly.

"No, we need to talk." Harry cuts in, grabbing my other arm.

"Am I missing something here?" Becca pipes up, earning a glare from each of us.

"Becca, could you get us a few drinks please?" Harry asks, the anger in his voice apparent.

"Sure.. I just I.. Oh my god! I know who you are! You're the girl who's dating Liam Hemsworth! Oh my god he's so dreamy... Wait did you two date?" She furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she looks between Harry and I.

"Yes." Harry answers the same time I say "No."

He looks at me with a hurt expression and I literally want to smack his pretty face.

"Is he here?!" She gasps, looking around. Wow, she's annoying.

"Who?" Harry questions, his grip on my arm loosening.

"Hemsworth of course!" She claps her hands in excitement.

"No, he's not. We aren't dating." I answer her.