Chapter 28: Going Steady

Go ahead and start playing the song now :)

-Harry's POV-

I open my eyes slowly, letting them get accustomed to the light streaming in through the window. I haven't slept that well in ages, and I know it's because of one thing and one thing only.

Ava.

I smile and reach out next to me, only to find an empty bed. My first thought is of panic and that last night was just a dream. A wonderfully perfect dream.

But the muffled sounds of a piano coming in through my doorway reassure me everything is just as it should be. Just as I've wanted it to be for so long.

There's no point in fighting the ridiculous grin on my face as I throw my covers back and jump out of bed, pulling my boxers up my legs quickly.

After making a quick stop to freshen my breath, I follow the sound of music from my bedroom and into the living room. The site of Ava perched on the end of the piano bench wrapped only in a sheet makes my heart race.

The melody she's playing is soft and sweet, one I've never heard before.

I take a seat behind her, placing my legs on each side of her as she continues to play. I can see a small smile creep onto her face as I brush her hair away from her neck and place a gentle kiss to it.

"Morning." Her voice is sweet and exactly what I want to hear when I first wake up.

"Morning." I murmur against her neck, not being able to remove my lips from it.

"I forgot how raspy your voice is when you first wake up." She chuckles.

"Hmmm well you best get used to it love." I wrap my hands around her waist as she continues to play, her fingers moving across the keys flawlessly.

"Never heard this before. What is it?" I ask.

"Just wrote it. It's you... Well how I feel when I think of you." She says quietly, making me fall in love with her all over again. "It's silly."

"No, it's beautiful. Don't stop."

I sit and listen as her feelings come to life in the chords of the song.

I can't believe she's here with me.

I can't believe what happened last night.

Everything I'd ever imagined feeling was shot to hell when she actually told me she loved me. I never knew three words could change everything, but they did. The happiness I felt was unexplainable, finally knowing how she really feels.

And making love to her... Was the most amazing experience of my life. Yes, I've had sex plenty of times before but I've never made love and I always felt empty afterward. But with Ava, it was so much more than just physical. It was everything.. body, mind, and heart combined into one, making me feel complete. Like she was this missing piece that was finally set into place.

"We're in this together right?" I ask. "I mean... I'm yours and you're mine yeah?"

"I hope so. I am in love with you after all." She smiles as her hands move across the piano.

I can't help the grin that spreads across my face. Hearing she loves me will never get old.

"So we're doing this? No hiding, no pretending?"

"No hiding, no pretending." She agrees.

"You'll be able to hear my mum squeal from Cheshire when I tell her I've finally made you my girlfriend." I chuckle.