Chapter 99: So Right

-Ava's POV-

The plastic covering the small examination bed is cold on my fingers. They grip the edges tightly on either side of my legs, my feet dangling off but not reaching the floor.

I sigh as I smooth out my dark green leather skinnies and start to pull my black wool coat off my shoulders.

A large hand comes behind me, helping me slide my arms out of the sleeves of the coat.

I glance up, meeting Harry's eyes. His knees bob up and down in anxiousness as he sits in the chair placed next to the bed.

"Been ages.... I'll go see what the hold up is."

I reach out, lightly grabbing his arm as he starts to get up.

"Give them a few more minutes. They did work us in on such short notice. Don't really have room to ask them to hurry."

"Right... Yeah." He nods, taking my hand on his arm and encasing it in his own. Entwining our fingers.

"This is silly really. I'm fine."

Harry furrows his eyebrows at me, a breath of air puffing out his lips. "Not getting into another scrap with you about this love. We're getting things check out."

I sigh once again. There's barely any days off on tour. The last thing Harry needs to be doing is spending one of them sitting in a doctors office in northern France.

My eyes land on the small black and white clock hanging on the wall, watching the second hand tick around and around.

My head snaps towards the door when I hear it open.

A middle aged women in a white coat steps inside, a friendly smile on her face, "Mademoiselle McCain?"

"Oui." I nod as she closes the door behind her.

She holds her hand out to me in greeting, "Bonjour, im médecin Lefevbre. Vous savez comment parler français?"

"Oui, mais mon fiancé ne est pas." I motion towards Harry.

She smiles at me, glancing back and forth between us. "Ah, well let's start over in English then shall we? I'm doctor Lefevbre. I spoke to your doctor in Los Angles and he informed me of the details of your medical history."

She glances down at her chart, reading over a few sentences before looking back up at me. "You experienced some bleeding yesterday evening?"

"Yes, just a little."

"And none since?"

"No."

She nods, scribbling something on the paper, "Have you had any pain?"

"No.. None."

"Alright. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about, but I think it's best if we do a few tests just to be on the safe side."

"What kind of tests?" Harry speaks up.

"Just routine. It will be the same ones Ava had performed at her last checkup. We just want to make sure everything is still healed up properly."

Harry nods glancing at me, "Let's get to it then yeah?"

Doctor Lafavbre sits down on a stool in front of the long counter spanning the length of the room. She pulls several needles out of a drawer, prepping them to draw some blood.

Harry lets go of my hand, standing up. His fingers fumble with the sleeve of my sweater, rolling it up my arm.

I stare at the wall as a strip of rubber is tied around my upper arm and two small vials are filled with my blood.