Chapter 62: A Different Point of View...

-Liam's POV-

15 Months ago...

I close my notebook with a smile, happy with the melody I just came up with. I glance up from my seat in the hotel restuarant, seeing Harry stomp through the hotel doors and towards the elevator.

"Hey Harry, wait up!"

He glances behind him, adjusting his bag on his shoulder as he presses the button to call the lift.

"Sod off Liam."

"Calm down mate. Everything alright?" I raise an eyebrow at him. Everything is obviously not alright. He looks right pissed. And his right eye is purple. Did he get into a fight?

"Fucking fantastic. Why the hell would you even ask me that?" He barks at me.

"Cause you seem upset. What's wrong?" I step into the lift with him, suddenly being overwhelmed by the strong smell of whiskey.

"You really don't know?" He scoffs at me.

"Are you drunk?"

"Who the fuck cares."

"I do." I look him over, shaking my head. I haven't seen him this upset in ages. "Where's Ava?"

He glares at me, "I'd say she's halfway to New York by now."

"What? Did something happen with her family?"

Harry narrows his eyes at me, looking at me like I'm a proper idiot. "No. You been under a bloody rock the past two days?

"No, had the flu. This morning was the first I've left my hotel room since Saturday night. What happened? Why do you look like you've been popped in the eye?"

"Poppy. The bitch has a mean right hook."

"Why the hell did Poppy punch you?"

"Because I became what everyone says I am." He states bluntly, staring down at his feet. "I fucked some other girl."

My mouth drops open in shock, "You cheated on Ava?"

He laughs, pulling a small flask out of his back pocket, "In my defense, we were broken up."

Before I've even realized what I'm doing my fist hits Harry's face, knocking him back against the wall of the lift.

He wipes the blood off his cracked lip as he looks at me, "Funny.. Don't even feel it. Wish I did."

"What the fuck is wrong with you Harry!" I raise my voice, anger coursing through my veins.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" He spits, "I ruined the best thing I ever had. That is what is fucking wrong with me."

All I can think of is Ava, heartbroken and alone on a plane headed back to the states. I can't believe he would ever hurt her like this.

"Followed her to London to try to fix it... She's done with me Liam. I've lost her."

Harry's eyes are red as the lift doors open, and I actually feel bad for him. What he did was wretched, but I know he wouldn't do this on purpose. I do think he really does love her, and that's why I've stayed out of it. That's why I will always will stay out of it, no matter how strong my feelings are...

- - - - -

13 Months Ago...

"Do you think they have Earl Grey tea?"

"Don't go all British on me, drink a cold Pepsi like the rest of us."

I smile at the small joke, it being the first one I've heard from her in over two months. But she doesn't smile back, just looks down at her menu the same way she looks at everything else. With empty and tired eyes.