Chapter 49: An Unwanted Silence and Pictures

-Ava's POV-

By the time I'd showered and dried off, I'm ready to just curl up in Harry's arms for the rest of the evening.

I'm still upset at him for lying, but I won't let it change things between us. I love him and I know he did what he did because he loves me as well.

I'm sure this is just the first of many problems my past will cause. I just hope they only ever strengthen our relationship and bring us closer together. With my luck though I really should expect only the opposite to happen.

When I open the bathroom door, I find Harry sitting at the end of the bed, his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

He looks up at me anxiously, "It's done. And I ordered some food... Should be here soon."

"Okay. Thank you." I give him a small smile, but only receive a frown in return.

"Gonna take a quick shower." He brushes past me before he heading into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him.

I can tell he's upset and angry at himself. He always seems to punish himself more then necessary for any bad decision he makes. Even though what he did was wrong, I hate seeing him feel so badly about himself.

Once the food arrives, I dish it out and take it into the living room, sitting it on the coffee table. A few minutes later I'm joined by a very quiet, shirtless, boxer clad Harry, who sits down on the couch across from me without a word.

"Thanks for dinner."

He nods, taking a few bites as he stares down at his plate.

"You have to work tomorrow?"

He nods again, still not saying a word.

By the time we've both finished our plates, I've asked numerous questions to try to draw him out, but he's only ever nodded or shaken his head in response.

We sit in silence for a awhile, Harry fiddling with his fingers and avoiding my gaze.

"Can we please not do this?" I ask.

Harry's eyes meet mine as I move to sit next to him. "Are you mad at me?"

"What?" He finally breaks his silence. "No, course not. No."

"Harry, we haven't seen each other for almost two weeks and you aren't even speaking to me."

"Fuck." He runs his hands through his hair before pulling me onto his lap, "Av, it's not you. Please don't think it's cause of you. It's me. I'm properly pissed at myself. What I did was... I really fucked up. Again."

"Well, it's a good thing I love you so much." I smile, hoping to lighten his mood.

"I really don't bloody know why." He sighs, running his hand down my back.

"Mmmmmm let me think... Because you'd do anything for me. Because you're there for me like no one ever has been. Because when I feel like crying you make me smile. And because you really are the sweetest, funniest, weirdest, most wonderful person I've ever known. And aside from food, you're pretty much my favorite."

He chuckles as he pulls me closer and kisses my shoulder, "I really love you. Really... am madly in love with you. And aside from knock knock jokes, you're my favorite."

"Good knock knock jokes or your knock knock jokes?"

"Is there a difference?" He smiles at me while I laugh.

He wraps his arms around me tightly and I sigh as I take in how wonderful he smells. We fall into silence again, but this time instead of being tension filled it's peaceful. Harry's right hand rubs circles on the small of my back while his other plays with my hands that are resting in my lap. I lay my head on his shoulder, relaxing into him. It's amazing, how perfectly we always fit together.