Chapter 58: Old Friends?...

-Ava's POV-

"Harry, have you seen my blue sandals? I can't find them anywhere." I call out as I rifle through my bag.

"No, but I did find something else..."

I glance up from my spot on the floor, immediately jumping up, "Poppy!"

Poppy meets me halfway across the room, pulling me into a huge bear hug. She laughs as she holds me at arms length, "Now how is my cracking best mate?!"

"Great! What are you doing here? I thought you were still in Spain!" I ask as Harry chuckles at our girlish excitement.

"I decided a proper weekend holiday was in order. Especially when I saw you were back with a certain hot piece of british arse!" She laughs.

"I am standing right here you know." Harry points out.

"Yes love and I would suggest you push on. I've yet to even ask how good of a bonk you are!"

"Poppy please!" I feel my cheeks flush as Harry just laughs and leaves the room.

"So when were you planning on letting your best mate know about this?" Poppy asks, flopping down on my bed.

"Honestly, I thought you wouldn't be to happy about it so it wasn't something I wanted to tell you about over the phone." I admit, taking a seat next to her.

"I wasn't, not at first. But I had a proper chat with dear Harry the second I heard."

"You did?"

"Of course! I was ready to get in a right scrap with the lad, but he managed to tell me everything before I was able to kick the shite out of him. After considering the circumstances, I am quite chuffed you two are giving this a proper go."

I sigh in relief as I lay back on the bed next to Poppy. No matter how scary management or the fans are, the thing I was most worried about was Poppy's wrath. She did punch him right in the face when she thought he cheated on me after all.

"He asked me to marry him."

"What?!" Poppy sits up abruptly, her mouth hanging open in shock.

"Over the weekend, he took me back to his hometown. Asked me to move in with him, then asked me to marry him."

"And...?"

I pull the chain around my neck, the ring hanging from it falling out from the collar of my shirt.

"Bloody hell."

"We're not getting married anytime soon, and we can't let anyone even know about it for six months. But I said yes.... Am I crazy?" I question. "It's so soon and with everything that I've been through in the past..."

"Honestly if it was anyone else, I would be throwing a proper fit right now. But it's not anyone else, it's you and Harry. The lads loved you for ages, and even though you wouldn't admit it back then, you loved him as well. You were best mates who fell in love, got torn apart, and still managed to find one another again. Do you think you're crazy for saying yes?"

"No." I shake my head, "I really don't. I love him."

"Well then, there's your answer. Some people wait their whole life for the real thing. I say don't put it off when you've actually found it."

"I've missed your words of wisdom."

"Right, well I do have many. Now let's push on to the important stuff and tell me how the bloke is in the sack!"

"Poppy!"

"Oh, don't Poppy me! From the look of these love bites littering your neck, he's managed to get in your knickers more than once." Poppy pokes at my neck, making me flinch from the pain. "Now please tell me his willy is small and he's rubbish in bed. A lad that fit can't have it all can he?"