Chapter 32: Twitter Hate

-Ava's POV-

I wake up slowly, my body being held tightly in Harry's arms.

His breathing is deep and even against the back of my neck as I wiggle away from him, the urge to pee barely outweighing the urge to stay wrapped up in his arms as long as possible.

I accidentally whack the side of his face as I do so and unsuccessfully try to stifle my laugh.

Of course the sleeping bear doesn't move an inch. It's before nine, which means it would take half a village to wake him from his hibernation.

Usually it's funny what depths you have to go to, to try and get him up. Often though the other boys took advantage of the situation, doing everything from setting as many items on him as possible to completely duck taping him to his bunk.

I smile to myself as I remember how long it took him to convince Louie to let him up. I was unable to help, being not only physically restrained by Zayn but also laughing hysterically.

One thing Louie always seemed to forget was that no one enacts revenge quite like Harry. It is always thought out and planned down to the smallest detail and he'll wait forever for the perfect time to strike. I myself watched my back for weeks after dumping a bag of flour over his sleeping head. It wasn't until I finally let my guard down, not expecting a thing when I found every piece of makeup I owned frozen into solid blocks of ice in the bus freezer.

The one flaw in Harry's pay back is his heart. If he thinks you're genuinely upset at him, he can't stand it and will do anything to 'be mates' again.

After relieving myself I wash my face and brush my teeth with the toothbrush I had stuck in my bag. Yes, I was planning on staying the night, packing not only a toothbrush but also underwear and makeup.

I throw back on Harry's tee shirt and pull a fresh pair of underwear up my legs before I head out of the bedroom, smiling at the sight of Harry now clutching my pillow like he had been holding me.

I grab my phone and plop down onto the couch in the living room, pulling my knees up to my chest as I text Finn to call me when he wakes up.

I hesitantly open Twitter, notification after notification popping up the second I do so.

I try to focus on just the nice tweets, filled with I love you and Harry together, #teamhava, you're so lucky, and so on.

But it's no use. I'm human and can't help but read ones I know I shouldn't.

@niallsgirl: @HarryStyles has lost his freaking mind. Time to open your eyes and see how ugly @Ava_McCain is already.

@1dEatMe: is it just me or does @Ava_McCain look like something I just scraped off the bottom of my shoe?

@IluvHaz: fame whore aka @Ava_McCain doesn't deserve my Harrah.

@KissMeHarry: just sitting here waiting for @AvaMcCain to break @HarryStyles <3 again.

@takeMEhomeZayn: wonder who @AvaMcCain is going to cheat on @HarryStyles with this time....

@OneErection: So I just heard @Ava_McCain is fucking rich while her parents live in a box. Way to pick em @HarryStyles.

@PaynoIsMine: new song just written by @Ava_McCain... 'I Don't Deserve Him'. Peace.

@HarrysTattoos: Just waiting for @HarryStyles to grow bored of @Ava_McCain so someone who actually loves him can step in. Aka me!

I shake my head as I read tweet after tweet of how horrible and ugly and undeserving I am. I feel tears sting my eyes, surprised at how many of them there are. Literally thousands.

I hear a door close down the hallway and jump up as I wipe my eyes. I hurriedly head into the kitchen, sitting my phone on the counter as I grab various ingredients out of the cabinets.

Strong arms wrap around my waist from behind as I start mixing batter into a bowl.

"Morning." A raspy voice says against my neck.

"Morning."

My body is turned around and I can't help but smile as my eyes meet his.

"I have to admit, I quite fancy waking up to you half naked in my kitchen." He grins at me, his dimples popping.

"And I just want to be upfront and say I visibly enjoy you." I smile at him.

"Do you now?" He chuckles, leaning down and giving me a kiss.

"Mmmhmmm." I hum against his lips, feeling him smile.

"Well the feeling is mutual." He smirks, leaning back and scanning over my face. His expression falls the second his eyes meet mine, "Why are your eyes red?"

Crap.

"What? No they aren't." I shake my head and turn back towards the counter.

"They are. What's wrong?"

"Nothing Harry. Really."

"Love, please tell me." He says quietly, turning me towards him.

I shake my head, feeling foolish for getting upset over something so trivial.

He looks over my shoulder and moves past me, picking up my phone off the counter.

"Harry don't." I move to grab it from him just he holds it away from me while he reads the screen.

The smile I love so much is quickly replaced by a frown and furrowed eyebrows.

"Av, I'm sorry." He pulls me into a hug. "Please don't read that rubbish. It's not good for us."

"I know."

"I hate people saying things about you."

"I'll be alright." I shrug, "I just need to not let if affect me so much. You know I love you and I know you love me. That's all that matters right?"

"That's my girl." He smiles, giving me a quick peck. "You're not going anywhere, so they'll just have to get used to it."

"I'm thinking it's not going to be that easy, you have some pretty devoted fans." I pick up the bowl but it's quickly snatched away from me and set back down.

"Let's go out."

I purse my lips in thought, trying to decide if more pictures of me and Harry captioned 'she's a whore' is really want I want to see.

"No hiding." He reminds me, effectively reading my mind as usual.

I nod begrudgingly, earning a smile from Harry as he cleans up the kitchen.

"I'll just throw some clothes on then we can stop by yours yeah?" He pulls me towards the bedroom and throws me my shorts from yesterday.

I nod as I pull on my shorts and shoes, trying to distract myself by watching Harry change. Lucky for me, he's hot enough it works and I go from worrying about lunch to day dreaming about his abs.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I reply, snapping myself out of a mental image I hope is eternally burned into my memory.

I follow him out to his car as my phone continuously buzzes, reminding me that a huge part of Harry's life doesn't want me to be any part of it.

_________________

Please click on that little star and vote!