Chapter 38: "Never stopped actually."

-Ava's POV-

The house is silent when I step inside and drop my things on the counter in the kitchen.

"Harry!" I call through the house, not receiving any response.

I come to the conclusion he must be napping when I walk by the living room, a noise out back catching my attention. I walk over to the patio doors, spotting a dark head of hair in the pool. I smile to myself as I see Harry slick his long hair back and take a seat along the edge of the pool, propping his elbows up on the side. The thought of him waiting for me makes butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Instead of heading outside, I quickly jog upstairs and rifle through my dresser for a bathing suit. I know if I went out there as is, I would somehow end up fully clothed in the pool. Plus I have a certain little string bikini in mind I'd like to surprise him in.

I finally find it in amongst my other suits, a crochet multi colored top and bottom. As I slip off my dress and undergarments, I'm relieved I took the couple extra minutes in the shower to shave this morning, After pulling on my bottom and top, I pull my hair out of it's bun, letting it fall over my shoulders in natural waves.

I take a quick peek in the mirror, knowing if I stare to long I'll see far to many flaws and resort to changing back into normal clothes. Obviously he's seen me naked several times before, but I can't help comparing myself to the models he's dated in the past.

I quickly head back downstairs and into the living room, seeing Harry sitting in the same position as before, his back to me. I hear music streaming from the outside speakers, so I quietly open the patio doors and head outside, stopping a few feet behind where he's sitting.

"Hey boyfriend."

The water sloshes around Harry as he quickly turns around, the goofy smile on his face erasing as his jaw falls open slightly in shock, his eyes scanning up and down my body.

"Jesus Christ."

"You alright?" I ask, highly amused and satisfied with the reaction I'm receiving.

"Wha.. Yeah." He smiles when his eyes finally meet mine. "You're gonna give a lad a bloody heart attack, looking so fit."

My cheeks flush, my small boost of confidence gone as Harry hauls himself up out of the pool. I can't help but stare as he places his hands on the edge, the muscles in his arms tightening as hoists himself onto the patio. I feel my self control slipping away as his toned stomach and inked skin come into view.

"You alright?" He repeats my words in a chuckle as he pushes his hair away from his face and walks towards me.

"Hmmmm?" I tear my eyes away from his body only to be met with another site that makes my heart race, his dimpled smile.

His hands find either side of my face, pulling me towards him for a kiss. I relax into it, loving the way our lips always seem to move together so perfectly. He swipes his tongue across my bottom lip, and I immediately open my lips, letting it slide inside my mouth.

My body heats up as his hand move down my slides, his wet fingers leaving goosebumps in their wake. I take the opportunity to wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. I gasp as his palms grab my bum, causing him to chuckle as he picks me up, directing my legs to go around his waist.

He smiles against my lips before slightly pulling away, "Sorry love."

"Wha.." I start to ask, but let out a shriek as he turns on his heel, jumping into the pool with me still in his arms.

The cold water gives my body a slight shock as we break apart and kick our ways to the surface. The second I see Harry's face, I slash water towards him. He laughs at my meager attempt at revenge, trying to grab for my arms. I pop back underwater, swimming away from him and coming up across the pool.

"You're mean! The water's freezing!" I yell at him, my body shivering from the cold.

"You looked really hot." He shrugs, chuckling at his own joke. Typical Harry.

"Don't even think about it!" I warn him, trying and failing to sound serious as he starts to move towards me.

"Aw come on, was just a bit of fun."

"Nope."

"Avvvvvvvvv. Come ere, I need to kiss you." He grins at me, not buying my tough guy act for a second.

"Nuh-uh." I shake my head vigorously as he gets within a few feet of me.

I start to swim farther away from him, but my efforts are halted by a large hand wrapping around my ankle and tugging me backwards.

His hands wrap around my waist as he turns me around, "Caught you."

I catch him off guard by crashing my lips against his, my fingers tangling in his wet hair. He lets out a soft moan against my lips as he rests his hands on my hips. I move my hands towards the top of his head suddenly, jumping up and shoving him under water.

I laugh as his head pops back up, spitting water towards me and hitting me right in the face.

"Now who's the mean one?" He chuckles, his hair falling all around his face. Wow, he's hot.

I laugh and swim to the edge, pulling myself out of the pool and promptly plop down onto one of the chaise lounges. I'm no more laid down when Harry takes a seat at the end of it, rubbing his head with a towel.

"Did you think about me a lot?" My mouth asks without my brains permission. Way to sound pathetic Ava!

He cocks his head to the side, giving me a small smile as he looks over my face. "Never stopped actually."

"You have no idea how much I stayed awake thinking about you." I say quietly.

"I'd say we both had our fair share of sleepless nights." He leans over me, pressing a sweet kiss to my lips, "Still will... just for a lot funner reasons."

I poke him in the side as he smirks at me, lightly shoving my body over so he can lay next to me. His arm goes around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

"I feel like we missed out on so much this past year."

"Yeah..." He agrees, running his hand across my back.

"So tell me."

"Only if you tell me." He chuckles.

"Deal."

"Alright, what do you want to know?"

"Everything. You can go on for hours, I don't mind." I answer, smiling to myself at my selfish want to just hear his voice and how his accent rolls across every word.

His arms grip me tighter as he presses a kiss to my head, his deep voice slowly recounting every part of our lost time.

__________________

Please vote!! :)