Chapter 75: Memory Loss

-Ava's POV-

The party was fun... I think I laughed quite a bit.

I met several artists... But I have no recollection of what their names are.

I drank several glasses of champagne... I may have eaten something.

It's a blur.

The whole party, the whole last two hours. A blur.

Well not entirely a blur.

I remember staring at Harry across the room, our gazes locked on each other the entire time we mingled.

I remember his palm pressing against my lower back as he told me a joke.

I remember his eyes darkening as we slipped into the car to head to the hotel.

And that's it.

Those three things are all I remember as I'm pushed against the wall of the elevator, as Harry's hips are pressed firmly to mine, as his tongue slips into my mouth.

By the time we hear a ding signaling we've reached our floor, I can only remember one.

By the time Harry slides the key into our door and pulls me into the darkness of our room, I remember nothing.

The sound of his breathing alone turns me on. It comes out in quick short pants as I'm tugged further into the room.

I hear the click of a button, a small gas fireplace immediately roaring to life and illuminating the modern room.

I feel nervous as Harry takes my hands, kissing my palms and wrists.

I feel anxious as his thumb runs across my bottom lip.

I feel relief as his soft kiss deepens and his hands tangle in my hair.

So many feelings... so many emotions run through my head and heart as my fingers blindly work to undo the only three buttons fastened on his shirt.

As soon as I've taken care of the last one, I push his shirt open and run my hands along the firmness of his chest.

He moans into my mouth as my nails lightly scrap across his abs, gripping the back of my neck and willing me impossibly closer.

His hands make their way to the back of my dress, carefully pulling down the long hidden zipper. He starts to pull it around me, wanting it off my shoulders but instead of letting him have his way I place my palms on his chest and push him away from me.

He huffs as our kiss ends, his expression almost angry that we're now separated.

"Sit on the bed." My voice comes out much more confident then I feel.

He narrows his eyes slightly, licking his reddened lips as he takes several steps back, sitting down as his legs hit the side of the bed.

I smile as he fidgets, not able to keep still as I pull my zipper down the rest of the way and slide my arms out of my dress.

It falls down to my waist as the cool air hits my bare breasts.

Harry starts to get up, but I shake my head. "No. Stay there."

His chest is heaving up and down as I slip my thumbs underneath the waistline of my dress, shimmying it over my hips before it drops to the floor in a pile of intricate beads and delicate fabric.

"Christ Av."

I raise my eyes up to look at Harry's face, the look on it making my body come alive as his gaze takes in my naked body.