Chapter 90: Mothering, Teasing, & Guilt

-Harry's POV-

"Careful Love."

"I got it."

"Watch your head."

"I will."

"Just.. let me help you in yeah?"

Ava chuckles at my anxious manner, swatting my hands away from her head as she ducks into the passenger seat. I lean in over her, grabbing her seatbelt to buckle her in.

She grabs my collar, stopping my movements as I lean over her. She suprsises me by pulling me towards her and giving me a kiss. I reach up to cup her face, but she's already pushing me away.

"I love you Styles, but if you don't stop mothering me, I'm going to lose it."

"Sorry." I grin at her, pecking her lips again quickly, "Best get used to it."

I swiftly tug on her belt and buckle it before climbing out and grabbing our bags off the concrete. I placed them in the back of my Range Rover before jogging around and jumping in the driver's seat.

The drive home was long, mostly due to the fact I wouldn't drive over twenty. Ava groaned when I refused to speed up. Of course I didnt. Twenty was safe. Twenty was good. She'd whined she would be an old woman by the time we got home and when we did, I made sure to let her know she'd aged gracefully. She scoffed as I laughed. Nothing could wipe the smile off my face today.

It had been eleven days since I got the call from Finn, eight since she opened her eyes, and seven since Scott was arrested and his arse was thrown in jail. He won't be getting out, I'm making sure of it. And if he ever does, I'll make him wish he hadn't.

His trial was in two months. My lawyers said they only needed one to gather the information needed to put him away for life. Ava wouldn't have to be present, which was good cause I'd be in Europe touring. Hopefully with her right next to me.

I've been so nervous about asking her. Not wanting to demand it of her, but knowing there's no way in hell I could leave without her. If I had my way she'd be on every flight I was for the rest of my life.

"Weird being here again." Ava notes as we step inside the large house.

Our old flat was already on the market. I never went back, all our things were moved for us. My mum taking care of all the details and even unpacking our things in the new place. A week ago it had drop cloths draped across all the furniture. Now it looked like we'd always lived here. All our things where they needed to be, cabinets stocked, and fresh flowers on the table. She'd thought of everything. I knew she would.

"You're good with this yeah?" I question as I drop our stuff next to the stairs.

"Yeah. Are you?" She looks at me with a frown, "You really didn't need to sell your house because of me. You know that right?"

"Av.." I step towards her, wrapping my arms around her small waist, "Didn't do it because of you... Did it for us."

"I just know you really loved it." She looks at my chest, avoiding my gaze.

"It's a roof and walls love. That's all. What I really love is you." I grip her chin softly and pull it up so I can look into her eyes. "Besides... we'd christened every surface in the place, was time to move on to somewhere else. This place is huge, think of the possibilities...."

She laughs, shaking her head as she tries to push me off her. I grip tighter, burying my face in her neck. She smells like lavender. I love it.

"Hungry?" I ask, pressing a kiss to her jawline.