Chapter 9: "You alright?"

-Ava's POV-

"Just one Ava! Come on, it will be fun!" Katy begs me as we walk throught the building and towards the entrance.

I've just spent the past ten minutes telling her over and over that I didn't want to go to any after parties. I feel like my night has been plenty eventful already.

"One hour, then I'll bring you straight home." She promises as we head towards the limo.

I groan and she laughs, knowing I'm going to give in. She won every award she was nominated for and she's buzzing with excitement. I would hate to ruin it just because I'm afraid of running into him. There's about twenty different after parties yet I'm still worried sick about it.

God, I really need to get over this. What's the worst that could happen?

We climb into the back of our limo once it arrives and Katy lets the driver know where we're headed. Thirty minutes later, I'm still trying to brush off my nervousness as the limo pulls up to a club.

"What made you pick this party?" I ask as we get out.

"It's supposed to be the best one." She smiles at me and I follow her as a security guard lets us inside.

The club is packed. Every which way I turn I bump into another celebrity. I quickly lose Katy in the crowd and after about ten minutes of searching for her I give up and head towards the bar.

"Vodka martini!" I try to yell at the bartender over the music.

He nods at me and I turn away from the bar, leaning against it.

The club is fairly dark and it's hard to make out anyone halfway across the room. Still I can't help but scan the room, looking for the boys.

I check my phone for the time, inwardly cursing myself that I ever came. Only twenty minutes have went by and I'm already wanting to just call a cab and go home.

"You're hot!"

I look to my left, finding a very inebriated young man gawking at me. I roll my eyes at him and look away, hoping he gets the hint by ignoring him.

"What's your name?"

I don't look over at him as he moves closer, the smell of his breath confirms he is now right next to me.

"To shy to talk?" He slurs, resting his hand on the bar behind me.

"To disinterested." I answer quickly, causing his eyes to narrow at me.

"Don't be like that baby. We could have a lot of fun."

"Not going to happen." I look away from him again and at the crowd as he scoffs at me.

"Playing hard to get. I like that." He laughs and reaches for my face. I swiftly smack his hand away, which only makes him laugh more.

"Your drink Miss." I hear called behind me.

I quickly turn around to grab my drink and walk away, winding through the crowd, hoping to spot Katy.

I jump as an arm snakes around my waist, pulling me back. I try to push the hands away but am spinned around, dropping my drink and coming face to face with the jerk from the bar.

"You're feisty, I like that." He smiles and leans towards me, his rough hands digging into my hips.

"Let me go." I demand, once again trying to push him off of me.

"Don't fight it baby." He coos at me as his hands move down to my ass, squeezing it harshly.

I let out a small yelp at the pain, and grab his hands, trying to pull them around to my front.

"Let me go!" I yell at him, my voice blending into the beat of the music.

"Or what?" He asks, pulling me even closer to him.

"Or I'm going to kick your fucking ass."

I freeze at the deep voice I hear behind me as the man's hold on me loosens. This is not happening. This is not happening!

"Go get another one, this ones mine." He spits, grabbing me tightly once again.

"Like fuck she is."

I'm quickly yanked away from the mans grasp and pushed behind a tall lean frame.

"Shit man, you can have the stupid bitch!" The man throws his hands up in the air, but they don't manage to block the hard punch he receives to his left jaw.

He stumbles back, cursing profanities before turning around and disappearing into the crowd.

My breathing is erratic as I look up, seeing a mop of brown curls and wide shoulders as he watches the man go.

He turns around and my knees feel instantly weak the second my eyes meet Harry's. He doesn't say a word as he looks me up and down with concern in his eyes. I open my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing comes out. So we just stand there in silence as the party goes on around us.

I take in every feature I can, from his deep green eyes down to his plump pink lips. God, I miss kissing him. Stop it Ava!!

"You alright?" He finally asks.

I nod, trying to compose my thoughts. But it's no use. Just like the night we met I'm making a complete fool of myself by not being able to speak.

He glances around us, before looking back at me. "I should probably go."

I nod again and he turns to leave. I manage to find my voice when he's only a few feet away from me.

"Harry!' I call out, causing him to look back at me. "Thank you."

He opens his mouth to speak, but stops himself by biting his lip. The sight makes my pulse race, reminding me of his reaction every time I used to shed an item of clothing.

"You're welcome." He says, giving me one last look before walking away, making my heart fall as he does so.

What was I expecting? Him to act just like he used to? Of course he wouldn't. My heart wasn't the only one that got broken when we parted ways. He was just as hurt by all of it as I was.

But I'm here, still trying to piece myself back together while he seems just fine. How can this be so easy for him?

Because he's moved on, I tell myself. And that's exactly what I need to do.

I have to let this go.

I have to say goodbye.

_____________________

Please click on that little star and vote! :)

And comment too! All your comments make me want to update as soon as possible. I love reading them!!