Chapter 71: A Talk, A Ride, A Sunset

-Ava's POV-

A cough coming from the front seat causes Harry to pull his lips away from mine and direct his eyes towards the front of the vehicle.

"Where to Mr. Styles?" The driver asks.

"It's Harry, Will. And home please."

Will nods, pulling out of the parking lot as Harry sits back in his seat. His fingers entwine with mine, resting on my knee as his bobs up and down. His excitement over seeing me is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

We're barely stopped in Harry's driveway before he opens his door and steps out. I follow suit as Will pulls not only Harry's but my bags from the trunk.

With a handshake and a thank you to Will, Harry grabs our bags and nods towards the house. He follows me up, sitting a bag down and unlocking the door before we step inside.

I make my way into the living room, immediately taking note of a missing chair. I try not to think of the reason, but I know it's the one he was sitting in when I left, meaning it probably ended up halfway across the room.

I hear the bags set down behind me and I turn, facing a very timid looking Harry. His eyes scan over my face, trying to read me.

"Didn't think you were coming. Got your text... thought you were still in France. Best surprise ever, seeing you sat in that audience."

"I was always going to come." I admit, earning a dimpled grin.

"Bloody hell woman, I've been a proper mess for days. You're right evil." He chuckles, running his hand through his hair.

"I'm not moving out."

He sucks in a breath, his grin somehow becoming even bigger, "Well that makes up for it. You... You've no idea what that means to me."

"You've no idea what you mean to me." I sigh as Harry takes a step towards me, "Just... no more lies okay?"

"None." He nods, stopping in front of me.

"So if you have anything to tell me, now's the time..."

He looks past me, pursing his lips in deep thought. "Broke your hairbrush. The pink one, not the blue. Not so much a lie, more of an ommision of sorts..."

"Okay." I can't help but chuckle at him, "But I'm talking about things a bit more serious than hair care products."

"Hey now.. hair care is a serious business. Right up there with world peace and free health care."

"You're far to obsessed with your hair."

"The ladies love it, what can I say?" He shrugs, a smirk covering his gorgeous face.

"I should shave your head in your sleep. Would probably make enough off selling it I could bring about both world peace and free health care."

"Hey, be nice! You don't want to see me with a shaved head believe me. I've got to keep the hair. Afraid my career would be over if I turned skin head."

"I doubt it." I roll my eyes at him, "But seriously, anything more important then a hairbrush?"

"Ummmmmm. Yeah." He frowns, having suddenly thought of something, "When I told you I'd never taken anyone to Ed's beach house before... I had. And... that's it I guess. All I can think of anyhow."

"Okay." I nod, thankful it's nothing serious, though still a bit disheartening. "So no more right?"

"Right. Promise love, I'm done with that. Can't lose you." He smiles, resting his hands on my cheeks, "So what room am I leaving your things in?"