Chapter 41: Work

-Harry's POV-

"You've got to be shitting me." I lower my voice as I step into Ava's bathroom and quietly close the door.

"I'm sorry Harry, but it can't be helped. It's a great opportunity for you lads, you know that."

"Yeah, I know. The timing is just bloody awful."

"I'm sorry mate." Kevin's voice sounds through my phone with no hint of sympathy.

"When's the flight?"

"Two hours."

"Fuck." I run my hands through my hair, tugging at the ends.

"I'll have a car pick you up from your flat an hour before."

"Two." I think out loud.

"What?"

"Two." I nod to myself, "I need two tickets."

"Harry, I don't know if I can swing that."

"Two tickets or I won't be on that flight." I stand my ground, knowing full well he can get me another ticket easily.

"Alright fine. Text me the info of who the other ticket is for, and I'll get it."

"Thanks Kevin."

"Just be on that flight Harry." He responds sternly before ending the call.

I immediately text him Ava's info, praying it's not in vain. If there was any way I could stay, I absolutely would, but I can't. No matter how much I hate to admit it, Kevin is right. This is a great opportunity for the band, and I can't let the lads down. So now I just have to convince her to come with me.

I sigh in annoyance. We've only been together three days, and Im already having to fly across the world for work.

I lock my phone and step out of the bathroom, walking across the room and sliding back into bed. I look over at Ava, and I know I can't be away from her so soon. I just got her. I want to be able to wake up tomorrow morning to the sound of her soft breathing, her warm body in my arms, her hair spread out on the pillow next to mine. Bloody hell, I want that every morning, not just tomorrow.

I wrap my arm around her, and she turns to face me, snuggling her face into my neck.

"Morning." I kiss her forehead.

"Morning."

"What do you have planned for today?" I hesitantly ask.

"Mmmmm, I actually told Jenna I wouldn't be in today."

"Yeah?"

"Yup. So I'm all yours today." She smiles at me, leaning up on her elbows.

"And tomorrow?" I ask, pushing her a few strands of hair off her face.

"Work." She frowns. "What do you have going on?"

"Work.... in London."

I scan over her face as her features fall, a look of sheer disappointment taking over her face. "Oh."

"I just got the call. We were asked to perform at a radio festival tomorrow morning. I'm sorry.. this just... well it sucks. I'm gutted, don't want to go. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine." She smiles at me, but I can tell it doesn't reach her eyes. "You can't not go."

"Sooooo go with me."

"Harry.."

"Will just be a few days. We can come right back after."

"Shouldn't you probably see your family if you're all the way over there?"

I chew on the inside of my cheek, knowing she's right. "Well I can visit them later. They'll understand."

"I can't." She shakes her head, making my heart fall. "I can't leave work right now."

She sits up and leans against the headboard. "And you really should go see your mom. She misses you."

"How do you.."

"Gemma." She takes my hand intertwining our fingers, "You need to see them."

"I know." I admit, "But if I do that I'll be gone for ages."

"And then you'll be back." She shrugs like it's nothing, but her eyes show exactly how upset she is.

"Just come with me yeah? I already have you a ticket."

"I can't." She sighs, looking down at our hands, "I have board meetings tomorrow and then an event on Friday that isn't even organized yet. I know it all sounds silly..."

"What? No." I shake my head and squeeze her hand so she'll look at me, "None of what you do is silly. Don't want you thinking I feel that way. It's a lot more bloody important then singing a few songs. I don't mean to come off that way, I just don't want us apart. Not right now at least."

"Me either." She says softly. "I wish I could go."

"Yeah... But it will be alright." I try to convince myself more than her. "It'll fucking suck but it will be alright."

"Nice choice of words." She chuckles. "When's the flight?"

"I... I've got to be packed and at the airport in less then an hour."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry love."

"No, it's alright. Something we have to get used to right?" She forces another smile.

"Well I'd hoped we'd have a good three months before we had to get used to anything." I grumble, hating Kevin more now than I ever have before. I wouldn't be surprised if the prick didn't arrange this on purpose.

"I'll miss you."

Her words pull me out of my thoughts as my eyes find hers. "I'll miss you."

"I love you and I just... like... love you a lot and... I'll miss you like crazy... and..." She groans, running her hands over her face. "I can't put it into words. Please just read my mind."

I laugh at her cuteness and pull her onto my lap, her legs straddling mine. "Yesssss. You mean you love me and you'll wait for me. And you'll see me soon and it will be better than anything else."

"Wow, you know me so well." She smiles, her eyes lighting up and making my day.

"I do." I grin, giving her neck a soft kiss. "And I'll be wishing I was kissing you instead of missing you."

She wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a tight hug. I pull her closer, knowing what I'll miss the most will be how I feel every second I'm with her.

Happy.

____________________

Please vote!!!!