Chapter 96: A Fight

-Harry's POV-

I follow the rest of the lads off the stage, screams following us as we jog down the stairs and through the back stage door.

"Ace sound check mates!" Niall's eyes are wide as he basically bounces off the walls.

I don't blame him.

It was our first sound check of the tour. Adrenaline is running high. Our nerves making all of us anxious to get the first show done and under our belts.

Every show is a rush, but the first show... nothing compares to it.

"Yeah ace.. until Haz forgot the words again." Louie pipes up, smacking me across the back of the head playfully.

"Honest mistake." I push him away from me to avoid getting hit again.

"Honest mistake my arse." Louie scoffs at me, "We've only been singing that song for what?... Five years now?"

"Ease up mate." Zayn speaks up, "You're the one who chucked that shoe back into the crowd and hit that bird smack on the nose."

"I was returning it to her. Not my fault her face got in the way." Louie laughs as he leads the way into our large dressing room. Niall heads on down the hallway, yelling about his guitar needing tuned.

We one by one fall into the various chairs and couches in the room, all eager to get a bit of rest before the show. None of us slept much last night, not with the first show merely hours away.

"The girl's not here yet?" Liam questions a staff member who hands us each a water bottle. "Was wanting a haircut before the show."

"I saw them arrive awhile ago. Not sure where they went. Want me to check?" She asks.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure they'll turn up soon enough." Liam nods at her with a smile before she exits the room.

I pull out my phone to ring Ava, but decide against it. She's already here, so I'll see her soon enough. We had to be at the venue early this morning, so her and Lou decided to just head over this afternoon.

I shut my eyes as I lay across one of the scratchy yellow couches, finally making myself comfortable enough to fall asleep. I've barely drifted off when I hear Niall's voice calling my name.

"What?" I ask, opening one eye reluctantly.

"Come here will ya?" He asks quietly, motioning me to follow him out of the room.

I sigh as I nod, hauling myself up off the couch and carefully walking around the various bodies asleep and sprawled out across the floor. As soon as step out of the room, Niall closes it behind me.

"What's up Ni? Just fell asleep." I rub my eyes as I yawn.

"Just come on." He sets off down the hallway with me in tow.

He stops in front of a dressing room with a sign taped to the door that reads 'First Aid' and pushes it open.

"I'm not the one that told you alright?"

"Told me what?" I raise an eyebrow at him, suddenly feeling a bit uneasy.

"Just go in. I'll see ya back in the dressing room." He nods at me before heading back down the hallway.

I quickly push the door open and walk down a small hallway that opens up into a large room. My eyes scan the room, landing in the far corner.

I quicken my pace when I see Ava sitting on a stool, a medic wiping aniseptic on her arm. Lou spots me first, pushing off the wall she was leaning against.