Chapter 22: Breakfast, Lunch, and Teasing

-Ava's POV-

Yawning, I walk downstairs to the smell of bacon and maple syrup, two of my all time favorites things.

Food wise anyway.

I find Finn in the kitchen, standing in front of the stove with various burners fired up.

"Roomie, are you making me breakfast?!" I ask as I pull the Orange juice out of the fridge.

"You're chipper this morning." He laughs, "And no. I'm making breakfast for Jules, but if you're nice I may give you some."

"I'm always nice." I defend, managing to steal a piece of bacon off a plate before he's able to shoo me away.

I plop myself down on a bar stool as I eagerly await my food.

"So you and Jules getting pretty serious huh?"

"Perhaps."

"Don't be coy with me Finn Edwards, you guys stay together every night."

He turns around, resting his hip against the bar as he sighs, "I think I'm falling for her."

My mouth falls open in shock. Finn hasn't gotten serious about anyone since dating Olivia. He'll say it was nothing, but I know his heart was pretty invested by the time she broke things off.

"I said be nice." He scolds me and my look of apparent shock.

"I am! I just... Wow Finn, that's just awesome!" I jump up and give him a hug, genuinely happy for him.

I've spent some time with Jules and I only like the girl more and more as I get to know her. They really are a great match.

"Okay, enough about me." He says, returning to the stove. "I want to know why you're in such a good mood."

"I'm always in a good mood."

"Please Ava, you practically skipped in here this morning."

"I did not!" I scoff.

"You did. I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with a certain curly haired lad who you spent the night with Sunday." He raises his eyebrows at me and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I didn't spend the night with him."

"Then why did he return a shirt of mine last night that he said he borrowed Monday morning?" He smiles at me, knowing I'm caught.

"Fine he SLEPT here, but nothing else happened."

"He wanted to see you. When he dropped the shirt off, he was so obviously hoping you'd be here. Poor lad looked so disappointed when I told him you were on a date."

"You what!" I choke on my orange.

"You do fancy him!" Finn points at me, laughing. "Now calm down! I told him the truth, that you had a late business meeting with Margaret."

I narrow my eyes at him, trying to give him the deadliest glare I'm capable of. "So not funny!"

"So is!" He laughs, putting a plate of food in front of me before filling a tray with various plates, drinks, and a little vase of flowers. Typical Finn, being the perfect boyfriend.

"Enjoy your food." He smiles at me as he picks up the tray and heads out of the room, stopping in the doorway.

"Oh, and Ava." He calls, making my eyes shoot up to meet his. "Do yourself a favor and just tell the lad. A life of what ifs isn't a life at all."

With that he leaves me alone with my breakfast, contemplating his words as I drown my pancakes in maple syrup. I know he's right. If I don't tell Harry how I feel then I always be wondering what would of happened if I had.