Chapter 7: The Red Carpet & An Award

-Ava's POV-

"Ava, you look amazing! Your dress is to die for!"

I grin at Katy as I slide in next to her in the back of her limo. I fell in love with the dress the second I laid my eyes on it. It was a little risqué for me, being black sheer see through material with beading that covered my breasts and thicker material covering down to the very top of my thighs. But I loved it and I figured it was the Grammys so why not go a little crazy.

"Thanks! You look gorgeous!" I compliment her as I take in her short mini dress showing off her envious legs.

"I chose this at literally the last minute. I'm still unsure if I can keep the girls in this thing." She laughs, tugging up on the very low cut neckline of her dress.

"I wouldn't know the feeling." I share her laugh, never having the problem of keeping my much smaller boobs in place.

"Lucky girl! God, I'm so nervous!"

"You have nothing to be nervous about! You've been nominated for four categories tonight! That in itself is a win." I try to reassure her.

"You're right. I just want to win really badly!"

"So what's the plan for this evening? I've never really been to one of these things."

"Well first there's the red carpet. You can just walk down it with me. There will be loads of flashes and yelling but just smile and stay with me. Then we'll head inside for the show, find our table, and start drinking immediately. You can't survive one of these things without drinking. And then when it's over we'll go to a few different after parties if you're up for it."

My mind goes a little hazy as she explains everything to me. I'm scared to death I'm going to run into him. I have no idea what I would say. Liam told me there would be hundreds of people there and the chance of any of us seeing one another was slim. I have a feeling he was just telling me what I needed to hear though.

I'd convinced myself about a hundred times not to go today alone. Then I would tell myself I needed to prove I could. That I would be fine.

As the limo pulls up to the venue I know with certainty I will indeed not be fine. I'm internally freaking out and will most likely pass out any second.

"You ready?" Katy smiles at me.

"God no." I answer honesty.

She chuckles, noticing my widened eyes and shaking hands. "Relax, you'll do great! Don't back out on me now, I can't have a date bail on me on awards night!"

I try to fake a smile at her as her door opens. She grabs my hand quickly, giving it a squeeze. "It will be fine Ava. I promise."

I nod as she takes the hand held out to her and gets out of the car. Screams swiftly ensue as fans catch sight of her. As soon as she steps away from the car the same hand is offered to me as I slide over.

I take it firmly and step out, being blinded by multiple flashes. Katie takes my arm and smiles at me, heading down the carpet with me in tow. We stop several times for her to be interviewed and I'm thankfully ignored.

I continuously glance around us at all the celebrities, anxiety overtaking me that I could easily see the boys. What was I thinking coming here?

"Ava!"

I hear my name called and look around.

"Ed!" I smile at him as he walks up to me, giving me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"You look lovely." He complements me, making me blush and put even more effort into keeping my inner fan girl calm.

"Thanks. Great to see you again. I love the new album. Really amazing!"

"Thanks love." He smiles at me as someone calls his name. "I've got to push on, but I'll see you later. I still want to sit down in a studio with you."

"I would love that!"

"I'll give you a ring." He promises before being pulled away by his publicist.

I'm sure my grin looks ridiculous as he walks away from me. The thought of actually writing with the Ed Sheeran just makes me want to jump up and down, screaming in delight.

I see him start talking to an interviewer, and my gaze moves past him, my heart stopping in my chest as I spot Zayn.

Shit!

I first instinct is to drop to my knees and crawl away unoticed. Thankfully I quickly relize the exact opposite of that would happen if I started all out crawling on the red carpet at the Grammys.

Zayn spots me and smiles, waving at me eagerly. I see him grab an arm next to him. I can't see who it belongs to, my view being blocked by various bodies but I can take a wild guess.

I close my eyes, trying not to faint as I quickly turn around and head towards Katy.

"Can we go inside now?" I ask, out of breath.

"Yeah, are you okay?"

"Yes, I just need to sit down I think." I lie.

Katy gives her goodbyes to the interviewer and we head inside. I give out a sigh of relief when we find the inside of the venue packed with people. We weave in and out of the crowd, various celebrities stopping Katy to say hello. She introduces me to all of them and if I was in any different state of mind, the excitement would be overwhelming me.

We finally find our table, our seats taking up only two of the eight places set out. We say hello to the rest of who's sitting at our table. Well Katy says hello, I stand back to shy to speak to them all, amazed we are sitting with the 1975 and their dates.

The awards show starts soon after, making everyone rush to their seats. I cautiously look around for the boys, but don't see them anywhere near us. The artists who sing all do amazing jobs and soon enough comes one of the awards the boys are nominated for, Best New Song. It's the one I wrote with Zayn not long before we all parted ways. When he offered, I quickly declined Liam's invite to accept the award with them if they won.

All the artists nominated for it get announced, and I'm not surprised when the boys win. The camera flashes to them and I watch them on one of the large screens on the side of the stage, all giving each other hugs. I don't see him until they make their way up onto the stage. Louis immediately starts talking, thanking the fans, but I don't hear a word he's saying. My eyes are glued to the one person who can still make my pulse race.

Niall takes over, and I'm brought out of my daze by Katy slapping me on the arm to get my attention.

"And we also wouldn't be able to do this without the best writer we've ever worked with, Ava McCain. Ava, where are you?" Niall says looking over the crowd.

"There she is!" Liam spots me and points, causing one head in particular to snap towards my direction, searching for me.

I'm frozen as the crowd claps and Niall goes on. I don't know a thing that's happening around me.

Right now all I see is the eyes staring back at me that I haven't looked into in over a year.

Harry.

________________________

Please vote! It only takes a second and means so much to me! :)