Chapter 19: An Offer

-Harry's POV-

"Wow, this is nice Ava. Really nice." I comment, looking around once I step inside her front door.

"Thanks.. Well I guess you should be going now." She says, opening back up the door I just closed behind me.

"Come on.. show me around first." I say, completely ignoring her attempt to get me to leave by walking into her living room.

I hear her groan as she follows me and I have to stifle my laugh as I keep walking, heading into the kitchen. I take a seat on one of her barstools, smiling at her at she rolls her eyes at me.

"Gonna offer a lad a drink?"

"No." She says, crossing her arms in a huff. I forgot how cute she is when she's annoyed.

"There's beer in the fridge." Finn announces as he steps into the room with a tall redhead on his heels.

Ava shoots him a death glare while I shake his hand. "Thanks mate. Good to see you again."

"You too. You staying over tonight?" He asks, raising his eyebrows as he looks between Ava and I.

Ava's eyes widen as she shakes her head vigourously no.

"I am fairly knackered." I yawn. "Who's this?"

"Ah, sorry. This is Jules. My girlfriend." Finn replies, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Harry." I smile at her.

"I know who you are." She blushes, "Nice to meet you too."

"Well we're gonna head out. I'm staying at Jule's tonight, so you'll have the house all to yourself Ava." Finn smiles wickedly as he steers Jules out of the room.

I give him a mental high five when I see Ava chewing her lip nervously, contemplating his last words. With her buffer for the evening being gone, I'll be more likely to get her to talk to me. And she needs to talk to me before she blows this up so much in her mind she decides to never speak to me again. I can't take that, a year of it nearly bloody killed me.

When we hear the front door shut, Ava looks over at me, narrowing her eyes. I'm fairly sure she knows exactly what I'm doing, and that I won't give up till I get what I want. I smirk at her as she leans against the counter, more than ready to tackle my challenge for the night.

"I need a drink." She sighs, swiftly turning and reaching up to open the cubbard over the fridge. My eyes wonder down from the bottles she's shuffling through to her legs. I bite my lip at the site of her dress riding up, showing a fair amount of her smooth thighs.

If I were to fulfill my life's desire right this moment, I would throw the woman over my shoulder and carry her up to her room, spending the night showing her just how much I've missed her.

"Harry!"

I quickly blink as I come back to reality, "What?"

"I asked what you wanted."

"Ummmmm, just a beer thanks." I answer, trying to rid the sinful thoughts from my mind.

She grabs a bottle out for me and hands it to me once I walk over to her. I quickly pop the top off and take a large gulp as she gets back on her tiptoes trying to reach a bottle towards the back of the cabinet. I can't help but chuckle at her vain attempts to grab it.

I decide to be a gentleman and take a step forwards, reaching up and grabbing the bottle for her. I don't realize how close we are till I lower it down and hand it to her. I feel my pulse quicken as her shoulder presses into my chest, our faces mere inches apart.