Chapter 35: "I mean it."

-Ava's POV-

Harry doesn't waste any time in grabbing my hand and pulling me outside.

I shiver slightly, the cooler night air hitting my body as the door closes behind us.

He pulls his hat off, running his hands through his hair nervously as I stand in front of him, patiently waiting for him to say something.

"I shouldn't of lied." He finally speaks, his eyes locking with mine.

"Why did you?"

"I just... Well I thought that you already had enough stress with having to deal with the shit that comes with being with me."

"I can handle it Harry."

"Ava, I found you in my kitchen just this morning upset over a few tweets."

"There wasn't just a few." I defend myself.

"I know." He sighs, looking down at his feet. "I just don't want me being who I am to ruin this."

"Harry, none of that is going to make me want to leave you."

His eyes shoot up to meet mine, a smile creeping into his face. "No?"

"No." I shake my head. "But lying and hiding things from each other? We can't do that if we want this to work."

"I know and I'm sorry." He frowns. "It's been two bloody days and I'm already making a mess of things."

"Give me a day or two, I'm sure I'll catch up."

"I highly doubt that love. I've been known to make more than a few rash decisions when it comes to you." He chuckles.

"Well don't chain me to your wrist or anything and we'll be fine." I joke.

"Now you're just giving me ideas." He smirks, placing his hands on my hips and leaning towards me.

"You're not forgiven that easily." I place my fingers over his lips and gently push him away. "Now what did they say?"

The frown returns to his face, but his hands don't leave my hips as he deeply sighs. "A lot, if I'm being honest."

"Maybe we should keep things more private for awhile." I suggest, hating the pressure this is putting on him. I know no matter how hard this is on me, it's worse for Harry. He blames himself for every hateful word or accusation hurled at me.

"No... not doing that shite again."

"Harry..."

"No." He repeats, cutting me off. "We're together. We're going to be together. There's no point in hiding or lying or pretending. That's not fair to us and it's not fair to the fans either. I won't live a bloody lie just because Kevin is convinced sales will drop."

"But if it could effect the other guys.."

"Av stop." He quiets me by placing his hands on either side of my face. "I've thought this through. I've talked to the lads about it, and the conversation went the same as it did when Louie started dating El or when Zayn got engaged to Perrie. When it comes to the women we are going to spend our lives with, management can fuck off."

My breath catches in my throat at his words. I knew he loved me, but I never considered that he thought of us as forever.

Of course I know Harry's it for me. I've known ever since the night he told me he loved me. But now that I know he feels the same, that he's that serious about us, I know I can't keep anything from him. Not any longer.

"I mean it." He says quietly, trying to understand my silence.

He puts his hand under my chin, tilting my head up so my eyes meet his. "Am I in this alone?"

"No Harry." I finally find my voice, "Of course you aren't."

He lets out the breath he's been holding as a grin overtakes his face. His dimples pop and I wish they could distract me like they always do.

But they don't.

My mind is a blur of how and when I'm going to tell him. Not outside of a bowling alley, that I know for sure.

"Stay at mine tonight?" I ask.

"I would decline, but being I already have a bag packed and in my boot I might as well." He smirks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I narrow my eyes at him, "A bit presumptuous don't you think Styles?"

"Mayyyyybe. Maybe not." He shrugs.

"A whole bag hmmm?"

"Mmmhmmm." He pulls me towards him, "I plan on staying a while."

"Very presumptuous." I shake my head at him, knowing there's no way I wouldn't let him stay forever if he wanted.

His hand moves up to my jawline, running his fingers across it softly as his other grips my hip.

He dips his head, moving his lips to my neck.

"Harry, if you kiss my neck, I'm not responsible for what happens next." I warn, my skin already heating up.

He chuckles and I let out a quiet gasp as I feel his hot breath against my throat.

"Then I'll be sure to do that later tonight." He promises before moving his lips up and pressing them against mine.

He pulls away far to quickly, leaving me breathless even though he's barely touched me.

The smirk on his face tells me he knows exactly what he's doing, and I curse my body for getting so easily worked up.

I remind myself it is Harry. I'm just one of many he'd have that effect on. It can't be helped, not with his looks paired with his voice paired with... well everything else.

"So bowling..." My voice cracks, my body betraying me once again.

"Yes, bowling." Harry laughs at how flustered I am. "Let's get this over with so we can push on to 'what happens next'."

He takes my hand, leading me back inside as my mind plays over the rest of the night.

I have to tell him tonight.

I just hope the bomb I'm about to drop doesn't explode in my hands.

__________________

Please vote!