Chapter 72: Ready

-Ava's POV-

It was almost humorous.

I'd decided we wouldn't share a room, that I would sleep in the spare. But here I was, waking up on the couch, my body draped across Harry's. Separate rooms and yet we still spent the night next to one another.

His chest rose and fell under me slowly, both his arms resting on my back as my head lay in the crook of his neck. He was warm, the sounds of his breathing calm and soft. Nothing has ever felt so right. So perfect. Nothing could compare to how I feel in his arms, holding me tightly.

I knew the slightest movement would wake him, I was literally completely on top of him. I was reluctant to get up until I felt him pressing against my thigh. Then I knew I needed to distance myself, if I didn't...

I shake my head at the thoughts running through it, only making my current situation worse.

I gently lean up, placing my hands on either side of his head to push myself off him. I'd only managed to straighten my elbows by the time his eyes fluttered open, his dimpled smile and raspy morning voice nearly making me fall off the couch.

"Mornin' love."

"Morning." I nearly cough on my words as Harry chuckles at me.

"Sleep well?"

"Mmhmmm." I nod, my body still frozen as his hands rub my back.

"What are you doing for the rest of your life?"

His words are slow and his voice is deep. He's trying to kill me. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I raise an eyebrow at him. Obviously he hasn't been asleep this whole time. I know Harry, and I know his just woken up brain can barely form a coherent sentence, let alone a serious question.

"Some serious talk for this early Styles."

"I'm a serious lad." He grins at me, removing a hand from my back and rubbing his eye.

He looks almost childlike as his knuckles move against it, his lips shaping into a pout. Once satisfied he widens his eyes, chuckling to himself as he pushes some stray hairs behind my ear.

"Got an answer for me?"

"That's a loaded question."

"Simple really." He shrugs, brushing his thumb across my cheek, "Want to know what I'll be doing?"

"Noooo. Afraid I wouldn't be able to get off this couch if you told me." I admit, feeling awkward I'm still leaning over him.

"Well, way to make it easy on a lad... or hard. Depending on how you look at it."

"Stop you." I place my hands on his chest, pushing myself off his but his hands grip my waist, keeping me from moving further.

"I think.... I'd be quite content with this. You, me. Waking up to this smile." His fingers brush across my lips that are formed into a grin. "Couldn't ask for more really. Well... You could be naked, but a fella can't have it all."

"You just always have to take it there don't you?" I can't help but laugh at the mischievous look on his face.

"Av, you were on top of me when I woke up. Every move you make you're... brushing against me." His eyes look down between us and my cheeks flush. "Didn't have to take it there. There already, waking up to this."

"Alright, well that's my cue that I need to get up."

He groans as I push myself off him, careful not to brush up against him as I stand up.