Chapter 86: Hours...Minutes...

-Harry's POV-

Five hours.... That's how long the flight was.

Could of taken hours, days, years. I didn't know the difference.

Forty two I-Messages.... That's how many I received while in the air.

I returned some. Lou's, the lads, Gemma's, my Mum. It was nonsense, what I wrote back. I didn't care.

Seventeen.... That's the number of times I got sick.

At first, I went back and forth from my seat to the loo. Soon enough I just sat down in the cramped space, on the floor, knowing there was no point in going far.

One Hundred Ninety Two Minutes.... That's how long I was on the phone with Liam.

I know it was selfish of me, probably mean even. But for some reason I needed to talk to him. My fingers fumbled over the plane phone, I didn't hesitate to dial his number. He understood, at least more then anyone else. He answered on the first ring, he was crying. Tried to hide it, but I knew. I told him everything I knew. He told me everything would be fine. He was there for me. He's always there for me. I apologized, I was wretched to him. He didn't care, once again he understood. He proved it to me once again... He was my best mate. He was my brother. He'd only ended the call when he had to board his flight. He was coming, they all were. All the days events had been cancelled, they were right behind me.

On Hundred Eleven Minutes.... That how long I was on the phone with my mum.

I didn't say much. She answered quickly, said my name. I lost it. Cried like a baby on the floor of the loo for almost two hours. Only stopping when I felt my stomach churn. Only stopping when I dropped the phone on the floor to lean over the toilet. Our call ended when she got on the road, headed towards the airport.

My life was full.

Full of people who loved me. Filled with people who would be there for me. They were proving it right now.

My life was full.

But I felt empty.

A shell. My soul wasn't with me. It was sat in an operating room, holding on to Ava, begging her to make it.

There was a car waiting for me on the tarmac. Zayn told me there would be. I got in without a word, the driver knew where I needed to go.

Twenty Two Minutes... That's how long it took to get to the hospital.

We only had to pull over once. My already emptied stomach just making me wretch along the side of the road. Someone stopped and snapped a picture.

There was a police car at the emergency entrance. Fans. A dozen of them at least. They wouldn't allow them inside. They were trying to make them go home. I was spotted the second I got out. My name was screamed. I was asked for pictures. I didn't say a word as I pushed passed them. For the first time in my life, I hated my job.

Finn was waiting right inside the doors, his eyes widened when he saw me. I knew I was pale, white as a ghost so one of the stewardesses told me when she tried to force some food on me. I knew my eyes were bloodshot, my driver giving up his own sunglasses so I could hide behind them as I walked past the fans. I knew I was trembling, I'd dropped almost everything I gripped in my hand.

The bags under his eyes were prominent as he gave me a hug, greeting me without a word. Leading me through the ICU doors without a word. She was still in surgery, I knew.

The ICU waiting room was empty. Except for one older man. He stood up when I entered, he knew who I was. The blood under his nails told me who he was. My neighbor. Our neighbor. I'd seen him before, once or twice when I was jogging. He'd always shoot me a friendly wave. I'd always returned it. His little girl borrowed sugar once, was making mud pies in her backyard.