Chapter 70: Bad Day ~ Great Day

-Harry's POV-

"Lighten up mate! We're about to be interviewed by Ellen!" Niall smacks me on the back, taking a seat next to me.

"Really Haz, you look like someone just ran over your nan. At least try to not scowl on camera." Louie agrees.

"Sod off you two. I'll smile, always do." I reply, pulling my phone out of my pocket then putting it back for the third time in a row.

I'm completely gutted after reading Ava's text. Here I was, barely being able to stand waiting to see her these past few days and she's not even coming.

I try not to let my mind wonder to what that really means, but it can't be helped. She's moving out. She's slipping out of my grasp and there's not a bloody thing I can do about it.

"We're ready for you guys."

Niall elbows me in the side, directing my attention to the stage hand standing in the doorway.

I attempt to push my thoughts to the side as we all follow her out to the set. Ellen announces us and I'm prodded to walk out first. The lads follow me out, and we all greet her with hugs before taking a seat on the couch.

Of course I'm sat right next to Liam. Now I've got to not only pretend I'm happy but also pretend there's no tension between us. My day keeps getting better.

We are asked the same questions we've been asked every album we've released.... Are we excited? How did we decide on the name? What's our favorite songs?

Then Zayn is asked about his engagement and I'm of course asked something about Taylor. Three years have passed since we dated and people still can't leave bloody well enough alone. I have her new cd to thank for that this time. Classy as always.

The lads of course snicker as I'm asked about some new ridiculous rumor, knowing there's no way in hell I would ever go there again.

I try to answer it light heartedly, glad to have the attention quickly shifted to Liam as he talks about our new fragrance.

Ellen then asks about which of us are single, Niall and Liam raising their hands in answer.

Louie mentions El and how she's actually here visiting, sitting out in the audience.

As Ellen searches for her, Louie's hand pokes my shoulder from behind Liam's back.

I glance over at him, his eyes wide with a big smile on his face as he points towards the crowd.

I follow his eye line, shaking my head and furrowing my eyebrows. What is he so worked up about?

Ellen asks El to stand up, and she does, giving a small wave.

I nearly jump out of my seat when my eyes land on who's sat next to her. I grin, seeing the smile I've missed for days.

She told me she'd be watching. Just failed to mention it would be from the audience.

I've never been so chuffed to see someone before in all my life. I know I look like a proper fool with the goofy smile I now have covering my face.

"...and that's Harry's bird sitting next to her."

Louie speaking my name catches my attention and I realize I've no idea what was just said.

"Probably the reason you're not sending Taylor flowers." Ellen laughs.

"One of many." I agree.

"So Louis, you and El have been dating for several years now.."

"That's correct." Louie nods.

"And Harry, how long have you and..."

"Ava."

"Right. How long have you and Ava been dating?"

"Um... Going on just a month now I think."

"He'd been chasing her for ages though!" Niall adds, making me wish it was proper to slap him on national tv.

"Ahh. Well you've got her now." Ellen smiles at me, obviously seeing the red that's creeped up my neck and onto my cheeks.

"Yeah. She's a hard one to catch. But now that I've got her, I won't be letting her go." I chuckle, my eyes once again meeting Ava's.

"Lucky girl. Now we have someone we'd like you guys to meet. She's a very big fan...."

The rest of the interview goes by in a bit of a blur, my eyes constantly trying to focus on a certain someone sitting in the audience.

Before I know it, the interview is wrapped up and we are directed backstage and out towards the car park. When I step outside, I see El walking hand in hand with Louie towards one of the cars. My eyes search the rest of the people standing outside, hoping to spot Ava in the small crowd.

My phone beeps, and I pull it out of my pocket.

1 New Text Message

Av 💛🍌

~Would you perhaps be looking for me?

I grin, my fingers typing away.

To Ava: Yessssssss! Where are you? -H

~About twenty feet ahead of you. Sitting in your car. :)

My head snaps up, seeing my car and driver waiting at the curb.

I practically jog over to the car, handing my driver my bag before sliding into the backseat.

My eyes land on the beautiful woman sitting next to me, a smirk gracing her pink lips.

She gasps softly as I pull her towards me, crashing my lips against hers.

________________
You know the drill! ;) Vote please!