Chapter 20: "You don't remember?"

-Ava's POV-

The second I open my eyes I groan. My head is literally pounding. I curse the sunlight streaming in through the window making it even worse. I throw a pillow at it in anger and throw the covers over my head.

That's when I realize I'm still in a bikini. What the hell? I vaguely remember drinking, ALOT. Way to much for someone who barely ever drinks at least.

I cringe as I throw the covers away from my body and search for my phone. I have no idea what time it is, but I'm sure I'm more than a little late for work.

I see it laying on the floor next to the bed and lean over, stretching to try to reach it. I'm caught off guard by my bathroom door opening, Harry walking through it freshly showered with a towel around his waist.

I promptly fall off the bed and onto the floor, causing Harry to bust out laughing.

"You okay love?" He asks, shaking his head at me with a smile.

I scramble up onto my feet and grab the duvet, covering myself.

"What are you doing here!?" I ask, trying to focus my eyes on his face and not the v-lines running down into the towel around his hips.

"You don't remember?" He takes a hand towel, rubbing it into his long wet hair. God, must he be so hot?!?

"No I don't. I..." My voice fades off as realization hits me.

"Oh my god." I drop myself down into the bed, wishing I could sink away into oblivion.

"It's not that bad Ava." Harry tries to reassure me.

"Did I ask you to have sex with me?"

"Ummmm. Yes."

"Oh my god, it is that bad." I croak, dropping my head into my hands.

"It's not. Really."

"Did we?..." I ask, peeking at him through my fingers.

"What? Ava no." He sits next to me in the bed and rubs a hand on my back. "You really think I would have sex with you in the state you were in?"

"No." I answer honestly. "But God, I practically stripped in front of you right?"

Harry tried to stifle a chuckle, "Just down to your swimmers... stopped you there."

"Ugh!" I groan. Thoroughly embarrassed, I cover my face with my hands once again.

"Stop. You were drunk." Harry pulls my hands away from my face.

"I'm mortified."

"If it's any consolation, you looked proper fit. Even better then I remember."

I look over at him to find a smirk plastered across his gorgeous face. Damn him and those dimples.

"Stop!" I shove my elbow in his side, which he clutches, feigning to be hurt.

"Drunk or not, you made the decision pretty hard on a lad. That bikini is... Very little." He chuckles.

"Well I'm glad you were a gentleman."

"Yeaaaaah, kinda wishing I wasn't." He winks at me.

"Kill me now please." I close my eyes, knowing fully well my cheeks are bright red.

"If you want I can proposition you right now. Even the playing field a bit."

"Enough Styles, please go put some clothes on."

"Getting you all hot and bothered?" He laughs, "Afraid you won't be able to decline my offer?"

"You wish." I take both hands and shove at him, making him fall off the side of the bed.

We both bust out laughing at the little yelp he gave when he hit the floor.

I stand up from the bed, thankful his towel was secure enough to stay in place through his fall. Okay, maybe not thankful.

I grab my phone off the floor, checking the time. Yikes, it's almost noon.

"Ava."

I glance over at Harry as he stands up from the floor. "What?"

"Can you please go put some bloody clothes on?"

I look down, realizing I'm still just in my swimsuit. "Now who's getting all hot and bothered?"

I quickly wrap my short silk robe around me, tying it tightly. "So if nothing happened, then why are you still here?"

"Uhhh, you didn't want me to leave. You asked me to sleep next to you." He answers hesitantly. "You are a lonely drunk you know."

"Right." I nod, trying to remember asking that.

I brush the thought from my mind as I grab my phone and start typing away.

"What're you doing?"

"Letting my assistant know I'll be in soon."

"Don't."

I look up at him to find a worried look on his face.

"I mean.. I think we should go to lunch." He smiles at me, "Least you can do is buy me a burger after last night."

I narrow my eyes at him, wishing I could read his eyes like he can read mine.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if that's a good idea."

"Come on! We're mates now. Last night doesn't change that. So let's go have lunch. Do friendly things."

"Friendly things?" I can't help but smile at his choice of words.

"Yesssss." He smiles back at me. "I'm gonna go raid Finn's cubbard for a fresh shirt."

"You sure this is a good idea?" I ask, "The second we're seen together..."

"You let me worry about that. We're just mates right?"

"Right." I reply, secretly hating that fact.

"Then get ready and let's go." He puts his hand on the small of my back and pushes me towards my bathroom. "Now go shower... you smell like a liquor store McCain."

"Fine. Stop pushing." I say, shooing his hands away and closing the door behind me.

I sigh as I lean against it. Why am I doing this? I'm just asking for trouble. He just wants to be friends, while my heart is a bit more invested.

My first instinct is to push him away like I always used to. But my heart just won't allow me to. I'm done with pushing him away.

God Ava, what are you doing?

_____________________

Please click on that little star and vote!! It only takes a second and means so much!!! ;)