Chapter 17

Maddison

“Why did you need to meet me?” “We need to call of this off. Cant date Simone.” “Keith I paid you to keep her attention and date her.” “I found someone I really like”  “I don’t give a shit. What do you think will happen if the school and Gavin got a call saying a coach was paid to date a football player’s mother.” “What is Gavin going to say when he finds his wife paid his co-worker to date his ex/ baby mo-.”

“Gavin and Simone never dated.” “That’s neither here nor there what is he going to say. I paid you in cash. No paper trail.” “Are you sure.” “Don’t fucking try me. I have more evidence than you ever could have on me.” “You a real bitch. I want out.” “Take her out and fuck your frustrations out on her but you are not calling this off.”

“Here is your money back,” He said tossing the money back on the table. “I will call Gavin now and you will be fired before you get back to the school. Try me coach Keith Hall” “I want out of this deal Maddison.” “You agreed to this Keith. You said you she was beautiful an-.” “Simone is very beautiful, but not for me. She doesn’t deserve this and neither do I. Answer me this what did Simone ever do to you?” I just looked at him as memories flooded my head of me and Simone. “This was a mistake,” He says then walks out the restaurant as I call after him.

“KEITH”  “KEITH” “KEITH”

I send him a quick text Everybody will know if you don’t comply, Gavin, Simone, the school/football staff and the players including Jonah.
My phone pinged letting me know I got a text fine. Just leave me alone. 

I blew out a deep breath and smiled at least she will have him as a distraction.  

Walking into my house from work I see Gavin sitting on the couch watching TV. “Hey Baby.” He turned looked me turn back around and threw a hey over his shoulder. “For homecoming, it will be an all-day event. Actually, Friday after the game out of town guest can go to the hotel right on the beach or whoever wants to can check into their room.” I sit down beside Gavin on the couch. 

“The afternoon we taking the yacht on the water and people can swim, drink, people can play casino games, we will have a light brunch then later a lunch. That night we will have a dance, dinner, and bar.” “What are we serving for the brunch, lunch, and dinner? What kind of drinks.” “As of right now I am unsure on the food but I have several of the best mixologists to come to be bartenders.”  

“What is the party scene going to look like.” “I was hoping you could take care of that.” “Of course my love. What else do you need.” “Check on some catering.” “I know Allen is staying with us and its three bedrooms on the yacht for us, Allen, and Gwen.” Panic washed all over me. “I think it will be better if Allen stays in a hotel.” “Why don’t you want Allen to stay with us. He’s my best friend and he s one of your best friends. By the way are you excited to see Simone?” The look in his eyes makes me think he knows something.” “Your right baby it will be good if we all together again and I honestly can't wait to see Simone.” I leaned over kissing Gavin he only halfway responded. “When can I meet Jonah. I want to meet him he is part of you”  “Soon.”  

                         Jonah

After the fourth ring, I heard a voice. “Hello” “Hey can you come over.” “Sure is everything alright?” “Yes, I just need to talk.” Walking downstairs I sit on the front porch waiting.

About 20 minutes later I see a car pull up. “Hey is everything alright with you and your mom.” “Yes coach everything fine.” “Jonah you don’t have to call me coach. If it makes you feel better to call me Gavin.” I nod. “What’s on your mind.” “I want to say two things to you.” “Okay” “First thank you for opening p and telling me about your past. As promised I won’t tell my mom. Second I am not ready to just up and forgive you. It's hard for me.” “I understand and I will respect your decisions. No overstepping or anything again.” “I appreciate that. Ca-.”  

Before I finish the front door open revealing my mom “Jon. Gavin.” She said all in the same breath it seems. “Hey, Simone how are you.” “I’m good. I’ll let yall finish talking. My apologies for interrupting. “No need to apologize.” He said. “I need to go in for a few can you stay ‘til I come back.” “Sure” 

                      Gavin

Jonah left going inside leaving Simone and me alone. “You remember when I came to your after school that day.” A smile crept up upon her face. “I remember. I also remember you not letting me do my homework.” “You could have done your homework. I was not stopping you, Simone.” “Sure Gavin.” “What. I just wanted to talk,” “kiss.” “Talk” “Fuck” “Really that’s what you think.” “What else is to think. You were with all of the girls in school.” She said as she sat on the porch and I went and sat beside her.  

“You were the one.” “Who was difficult but ended up sleeping with you anyways,” Simone said interrupting me. “No. You were the only one who captivated me.” “I doubt that.” “It's true.” “Then why were you with all those other women” “I was dumb Simone. You coming to the homecoming fundraiser.” “Yes for Jonah I am.” “Are you okay with me and wife hosting it.” “It's fine.”  

“Simone” “I'm happy for you Gavin.” I looked at her as hurt seem to become evident on her face.

                      Jonah 

Looking down from my room window I see Gavin and mom talking then something happen. ‘don’t worry mom I won’t let him in or hurt as I can I promise.’ I whisper to myself as I head back downstairs.   

Comment:
Vote:
Share: