Chapter 44

Gavin  

After getting some clothes together I get in my truck and head to find Simone. Hours have past and she was not answering any calls. Slowing down I see some workers on the highway. Rolling down my window as a man approaches the window. “Excuse me, sir, we are not allowing anyone on the roads it's too slippery and dang-“ he stopped and looked at me harder. “Your Gavin Langford” “I am” “Can I have your autograph.” “You can if you can let me threw.” “Okay.” He gave me a piece of paper I gave him my signature and when got out my truck to take a few pictures with them.

After two hours of driving, I begin driving slower as the snow intensified. Seeing tail lights from a car that has a tree on top of it. Putting the vehicle in park I get out to investigate what has happened. Getting closer and upon further inspection, I see a thick tree branch has penetrated the front driver side. Approaching the door with caution I see Simone with the tree branch in her leg while seeing the amount of blood panic rush through my body.

I run to the other side of the door to pull her out. Opening the door I see the tree on top of the car head her in the head and her leg was in bad condition. Looking down I see her phone broken I grab it and put it in my pocket. I turn my attention to her. I check her pulse saying a quick ‘thank you to God’ that she was still alive, but barely. Feeling her cold hands “Simone.” Nothing. “Don’t worry baby I got you,” I say as I slowly pull her from the from the seat careful not to do more damage to her leg.

After putting her in the truck I get a shirt of mine and wrap it tightly around her leg.  I go back to get her bags and personal belongs and head to the place she was supposed to be. Pulling up to the cabin I go and unlock the door and make sure everything is working. I turn on the heat and start the fireplace to get Simone warmer quicker.

[Place where Gavin & Simone are]

Laying her down in the bed I cover her up then go change the clothes I got to some dry clothes. Getting my phone I called  Jonah. After the second ring, he answered. “Hello” “Hey, it’s me. I found your mom.” Jonah interjected before I could continue. “Can I talk to her.” “It’s no easy way to tell you this. A tree fell on top of the car hitting her in the head as well as a tree branch going through her leg.” “How is she” She lost a lot of blood and she is still out of it. I have her in the bed” “Bring her home I can take care of her.” “It’s too bad. Also, I don’t know how long we will be here.” “Fine, I’m coming.” “Jonah it’s too bad what if you get hurt and your mom or nobody else can get to you. I know you're worried but I promise to take care of your mom.” “Promise me she will be fine.” “I will bring her back to you soon as I can you have my word.” “Um. Soo- Can” He paused. “When she gets up I will have her call you.” “Thank you. I need to know. How bad is momma” “When I get off the phone with you I’m actually going to look at it and clean the wound? I wanted it to get warmer in here.” “Keep me posted please.” “Of course. Your mom will call you back soon.” “I’ll wait for her call. I’ll talk to her when she calls. Um. Uh. Okay bye.” He rushed out then hung up the phone.

Putting fresh bandages on Simone’s head and leg she was still out of it. I got on a chair not far from the bed with some blankets covering up as the sleep took over me.

Waking up looking at the clock noticing it's 10:17 getting up stretching I walk over to check on Simone only to see she is still knocked out. Headed to the bathroom to take me a shower and do my daily routine. After finishing with everything I go to make some breakfast for me and Simone. Thankful she had some food in the car and I got some as well. While cooking breakfast I hear Simone letting out some “owwws”  in pain.  Turing the stove down I go to check on her.

“Good morning. How you feeling” “Gavin,” She said slowly as if she doesn’t know it was me. “What happened” From the looks of it your car skid off the road and a tree fell on top of your car going through the roof hitting you on the head and a tree branch pushed through and got your leg. The impact looks horrible your car is a total loss. By the way, call Jonah” “Can you slow down” “Fine. Call Jonah while I finish fixing breakfast.” Giving Simone my phone I go to finish with breakfast.

Walking over to the bed I took Simone her food. “here you go” “Never thought I would be eating your cooking again.” “My cooking was the best and you know it.” “who can't make grilled cheese sandwiches.” “I don’t remember you cooking” “You never asked.” “Offer still on the table.” “How did we get here,” She asked eating. “I went looking for you after nobody heard from you.” she dropped her fork. “What. I mean.” “Simone just eat we can talk about this later.”  

“Gavin” I heard Simone calling my name I headed to go where she is. “are you alright.” Yeah, can you get me some clean clothes and help me to the bathroom to get cleaned up.” “Of course.” I helping Simone to the bathroom before I leave I turn to her. “Do you need some help?”  “Actually I do need some help” I ran her bath water as she got behind me and took off her clothes.

Turning around I see her with a towel wrapped around her. “Simone I have seen you naked before” “Years ago and I was 15 years old.” “Still seen you” “Just turn around.” Laughing I turn around “Simone all of this is not necessary.” I turn back to see her in the tub. Just maximized by her body and how amazing she looks. “Can you go get my clothes for me. Please.” Yeah, I’ll be back in a minute.

Going through her clothes to find her something to sleep n when I saw a yellow two-piece lingerie set. I don’t know why but I instantly got pissed. I got her some other clothes bringing the two-piece with me. Walking back in the bathroom I see her finishing up with her bath. She stares at me. “Need some help.” “I do.” After helping her and getting her in bed I go back to the bathroom retrieving the lingerie walking back to the bedroom she is in I stand in the doorway.

What kind of weekend were you planning on having” I say as I hold up the yellow lingerie

What kind of weekend were you planning on having” I say as I hold up the yellow lingerie. “Where did y-“ “Who are you wearing this for.” “I really hate you, Gavin.” She says. I laugh and I walk out the door to go and fix us dinner.  

Comment:

Vote:

Share