Chapter 27

Simone  

Sitting watch TV with Gavin I can feel his eyes burning through to my soul. Finally fed up I turn to him. “What is it Gavin” “Just thinking about everything you have been through, and why did they do this to you. You're innocent, always there for those who need you so why hurt you in the most gruesome and cruel ways. I don’t for one second believe that shit because she wanted you. That bitch never hinted wanting to be with a girl. I’ve had threesome she is not the type. So why do all this shit to you. Why cause you so much pain and heartache”  

“I don’t know Gavin. Back in school she pushed and pushed ‘til I went to the football game. I wanted to be done with it but she kept pushing me. I never knew why. I knew what kind of person you were always with a different girl. I told her didn’t want to be one of the many. Her words never changed ‘he really likes you’ then each time for a split second I would then you showed me otherwise by being with different girls all the damn time.”

“ I was a teenager who was young, dumb, and stupid. I know it’s a cliché but I was. I valued the wrongs things. Do you remember that night we talked all night at the park.” I smiled as Gavin began laughing harder. “I was pushing you on the swings and you got scared thinking I was going to push you out or let you fall.” “I would never hurt you. Ev-“ Before he continued we heard a knock at on the door when the doorbell rung. “Is th-“ “She doesn’t know about this house. I’ll see who it is.”

Fear and panic flooded my body ‘til I saw Gwen then my nerves calmed down.  “Hey, Simone. I just come to check on you and Gavin. Are you okay.” “Um. I need to get home. It’s on Sunday. It’s mine and Jonah’s day.” “Are you sure you okay.” Gavin asked with concern.” “Yeah. Gwen can you take me to get my car.” “Of course I can.” “I just need to get my things and change clothes.” “Take your time.”

As I begin walking out the room I heard Gavin and Gwen talking. “What all happened?” “Gwen I love you but this is something I will not discuss. Just know I’m going to handle this.” “What did that bitch do besides that shit with Keith. I know its something.” “Gwen do not ask Simone.” Her voice tone changed as she spoke again. “is it that bad.” “Just make sure Simone is safe.” “Are you divorcing Maddison ?” “Meeting with lawyers tomorrow.” 

Walking down the stairs both looked at me and I felt uneasy under their gazes. “Before you go can I talk to you,” Gavin asked as I nodded my head. following him to the kitchen I took a seat on the stool.

“I just want to make sure you're fine.” “Gavin” “you don’t need to be strong for me. What they did was disgusting. You jumped all night, tossed and turned. Please don’t pretend for me then fall to pieces in front of Jonah.” “When the time is right will tell him. I always told him you were the only person I was with. My first ever-“ “I still am your first. Nothing is going to change that.” “It happened to me, Gavin.” “I know but you want to know that your first time was unwilling while you were drugged.”

Tears slipped from my eyes as Gavin wiped them away gently. Gavin wrapped his arms around me then kissed me tenderly on my forehead. “I’m a call or text away.” I nodded and got off the stool walking back to where Gwen was.  “Ready.” She asked. “yeah let's go.”  

                         Gavin

After taking a quick shower I heard my phone ping. Wanting to make sure it wasn’t Simone I checked it out. I saw it was Allen asking to meet tonight. Thinking it over I told him I would.  

Arriving at the bar I send a message to Gwen to see how Simone was when she dropped her off. I walked into the bar quickly spotting Allen after scoping out the room. Pulling out the chair in front of him. Looking at him with hatred and anger.

“what do you want.” He downed his drown liquor then raised the glass to the waiter indicating he wanted another drink. “Want a drink.” “I want answers” He chuckled weakly. “you mean you haven’t heard enough.” “Just tell me the truth,” I said as the waiter came back with his drink. “Keep em’ coming,” Allen said. As the waiter turned toward me. what can I get for you, sir?” “Nothing” I aid as he walked off.

“Part of me never thought the day would but deep down I always knew it would. Just didn’t know I would be seeing Simone when the truth came out.” “Why did you agree to hurt the way you did?” “You mean the way your wifey did.” “you're no better than she is.” “Fair enough. But I’m not the one who aborted your child.” He said then downed his drink.

“What the fuck did you just say” “Well don’t know who the father of the child was. You or Simone’s dad. She fucked him after yall got married a few times.” I look at him questionably. “Does this ring any bells about seven months into your marriage she left on a ‘business trip’. She came back here. I know this because I was here doing a commercial I saw them in a bar. That when I followed them to Fairmont Grand Del Mar where they went when she was younger.” I cut him off before he finished. Why didn’t you tell me this then? I could have been found, my son and Simone.” “They stayed in that room all weekend. A month and a half later she learns she pregnant but who could be the father?” He says laughing.

“Ironic right the one you tell to kill your child doesn’t but the one who does kill what might be your child or you baby momma half-sibling and your son’s either sibling or aunt or uncle. You picked a great wife.” He says laughing.  

I stand up ready to leave when I turned and punched him in the face. Walking over to the bar “Give me a bottle.” The bartender looked at me quizzically then gave me one. I saw Allen picking himself back up. I took the bottle and smashed it in his face. “drinks on you and keep the bitch.” I said then walked out.  

Getting in my car the question weighs upon me ‘is this everything’ 

                       Jonah

While watching a movie with my mom I can't help but perplexed because I know something is wrong. Something happened to my mom. I watched her pull her limbs closer to her even though they are as close as can be.

“momma, you alright?” “Yeah, Ima go take a shower.” She said getting off the couch. A while later I turned off the movie thinking momma probably went to sleep. Walking upstairs I heard her crying. Like she uses to when I was younger.

He did something to my mom and I going to find out what is. I say to myself.

After my shower, I went to check in on my mom. I heard her on the phone.

“Gwen I’m okay. Yall stop worrying.” She paused so Gwen could talk. “We can do lunch tomorrow and just like you, I am done with Keith. I don’t care what his reasons are. What he did was fucked up. I wish your brother would have punched him.” She said laughing.

Still standing there I turned the conversation out thinking it wasn’t him it was coach Hall.

“Baby, why are you standing here? Are you okay.” I didn’t know what was going on or what happened to my mom so I did the only thing I knew how to do.

Hugging my mom tight. “I love you, momma,” I say hugging her tighter. “I love you too.” She said with a smile. I hugged her again then kissed her goodnight.

Laying on my bed ‘whoever hurt my mom is going to pay’ I say out loud. Then closed my eyes and let the darkness took over me.  

Comment:

Vote:

Share: