Chapter 58

Gavin

Sitting in the waiting room praying that Simone is fine when my parents and Gwen came in. “Gavin have you heard anything” “No momma.” I say said as Gwen went and hugged Jonah who was sitting beside me. “What happened.” My dad said. “It’s my fault,” Jonah said in a broken tone as Steve followed by Allen came in. I want to throw Allen out on his ass but now is not the time my family needs me. Simone’s brother came in. “How is our sister?”  Patrick said. “I was angry and upset at someone else and I took it out on momma. It’s my fault. I did this.” Jonah said as he broke down and cried harder. Wrapping my arms around Jonah for the time I held my son as he cried.

Hours later we heard a strange voice. “Simone Peterson family.” We all stood up with Jonah and I front. “I’m her son Jonah spoke softly as the doctor loved at me. “I’m his father.” He nodded his head. “There is no easy way to say this.” “Is Simone” “In that regards she is fine.” “In what regard isn’t she fine” “Is it my mom’s leg” Jonah rushed out. “Her leg is fine.” “She had complications, lost a lot of blood and took a hard fall” his words became more faint and vague as the screaming of my tears. The warmth of a hand in mine brought me back to reality.

“Due to the medication she is still out and does not know anything; would you two want to be in the room or even be the ones to tell her?” “Looking at Jonah he was breaking down more this was too much for him to bear. “We will be in the room with you” “This will not be easy. Are both of you ready.” We nodded and headed down to Simone’s room.  

Entering into Simone’s room was a dreaded and cold feeling. I looked at Jonah who managed to pull himself together as he walked around and held her hand in his. Simone begins to stir in her sleep before opening her eyes then shutting them again to adjust to the lights then opened them slowly again. “Wh- what am I doing here?” She asked in groggily voice. “Momma are you alright.” She tried to smile at Jonah but failed. “Can I get some water.” She asked as a nurse scurried off then she looked at Jonah. “Baby I’m fine. I just had a fall. I just got dizzy and fell. I okay.” She said as Jonah and I locked eyes; both eyes filled with sadness.  

“Ms. Peterson, how are you feeling?” “I’m fine just a little sore, but fine.” “There is no easy way to say this. When you arrived here you were pregnant.” What” She interjected. “I’m going to have a baby.” Her eyes found mine then immediately went to Jonah’s and back to mine. “I’m going to have a baby,” she said happily as she guided her hands even the one still in Jonah’s hand to her stomach.  

Walking closer to her I took her hand in mine then leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. “We are going to have another baby. I’m so sor-“ I kissed her lips you have nothing to be sorry for. I said in a sad heartbroken tone that I hope she cants defederate  “How fa-“ She froze mid-sentence then studied mine and Jonah’s face. She slowly started shaking her head in a no motion.

“You said were,” She said barely audible as tears cascaded down her. “I’m so sorry after about three hours of working on you.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” She screamed out loud and released mine and Jonah’s hand and she continued to scream out. Holding all of my pain I held Simone and Jonah tight as I could as the doctors and nurses slipped out of the room. Even with the lights on, I have never been in a room so dark.

A little while later I left Jonah with Simone while I went to be alone. Sitting in the hospital’s chapel everything in me shut down while the pain slid down my face in the form of tears. Trying to pull it together but the heartbreak and pain inside wouldn’t let me. Clutching onto my heart in ways hoping I can pull it to rid this aching in my heart. Feeling someone sit next to me I looked up and saw Allen.

Getting up I was about to leave. “I didn’t come here to fight. I just came to check on you.” Siding down the wall every emotion I had released like a build up a waterfall. “I’m so sorry,” He said filled with sadness. “I’ll be here,” He said as he got up. “Gavin” I looked up to see my sister she sat beside me and held me tightly as I cried.

                             Jonah