Chapter 91

Simone

                 {Three weeks later}

Waking up I smile to myself while looking down at my engagement ring when various flowers coved the room. With a single white rose next to me with a note.

Good morning my beautiful queen,
Today is your last day as a single woman. I can't wait to see you and to spend the rest of my life with you. These flowers are just to let you I’m thinking about you.
I love you, Simone
You're soon to be husband, Gavin.

Smiling even more after reading Gavin’s note. Getting out of bed going into the bathroom after doing my daily routine except take a shower. Coming down the stairs the smell of food hit my nostrils when Gwen and her mom came out of the kitchen. “Good morning. You have a big day today and it's your day.” Mrs. Langford said. I smiled at them “Thank you both. Where is Jonah.” Steve came and got him a little bit ago.” Gwen informed me. “I’ll be right back.” She said as she dashed out of the house.

“Simone” “Ma’am” “Please don’t call me that call me momma Dot or Dorthey or something.” She said with laughter. “I want to tell you how happy I am you and my son are getting married. I know about your parents especially your bastard sperm donor, me and my husband are here for you and Jonah. We are family and nothing will ever come between us again. I do not want to replace your mom but I would like to be a part of your life and have two daughters instead of one.” Embracing her “This was all I needed to hear.” As we pulled away Gwen came back in the house smiling looking over at her I asked. “How is my brother this morning.” She had surprised, a shocked look on her face. “He’s good,” she says laughing.

Sitting in the bathroom at the hotel looking at my reflection in the mirror tears sting my face and the hurt and break free out of me. All the words that haunted and tortured me for years. Watching myself cry I shut my eyes I threw my head back ‘I made it. I’m going to be just fine.’  Opening my eyes back up I smiled to myself ‘You are none of those things they said. I did it. I overcame and succeed.’  Cleaning up my self the make-up artist and hair stylist came in. Take a long shower relaxing my body I got odd dried off then put on my BRIDE robe. Walking into the room I see momma Dot, Gwen, and April.

Rushing over to hug her tears fell from my eyes. “Joy would be so happy for you. I know she watching you with the biggest smile on her face.” “I miss her so much.” We held each other tighter. Pulling apart “Enough of this. Your getting married” she said excited and happily while Gwen popped the cork on the champagne as we begin to get ready.

                           Gavin

“You ready for this man,” Odell asked me as he padded me on my shoulder. “Been ready. Simone and mines relationship was paradoxes to say the lease, but we made. I can't explain how grateful I am that after everything we are here. She could have said you can see Jonah and moved on with someone else but she didn’t” “Real can turn rare never does. You and my sister share a rare deep love.” “And I’m going to hold on to it for the rest of my life.” Jonah and Steve walked into the room.

“It’s almost time,” Jonah said. “Is Simone here yet?” “Gwen said they are pulling in now,” Odell said. “Looks like you and my sister will be next to get married.” Odell smiled. “Could be.” “Another wedding really. Do yall know how long ‘til we eat? Are yall not concerned that my blood sugar dropping rapidly.” We all looked at Steve.

“Oh, it's just me. See where yall blood sugar is in in the next 15 minutes.” “You ready to have more kids,” Odell said laughing. Shaking my head in a no motion. “Steve is more than enough.” “I love you daddddddddy,” Steve said as the photography came in. “We need to get pictures of yall and its also time to head out.

“I am about to marry the love of my life.” I looked at Jonah. “Are you okay.” “Better than okay. I’m good” he said with a genuine smile. After taking a picture the groomsmen walked out as did the bridesmaids.

‘Thank you, God, for blessing me with Simone and my family.’ I said

Picking up the microphone I begin to sing as I walked onto the football field.